This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Regarding resolutions
(06-26-2011, 08:12 PM)legend80 Wrote: 1) I CANNOT get a higher internal resolution not matter what I try. See this screenshot for what I get:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/unledkhw.jpg/

This happens here too, but only with some games(Both God of War, 3rd Birthday....)

THANKS @ gid15

Full screen works PERFECT for some games.Smile            

But other games are still with problems when resized and they can't get a higher internal resolution like @ legend80 said

God of War Ghost of Sparta    

The 3rd Birthday    

(06-26-2011, 08:12 PM)legend80 Wrote: 2) With DEFAULT settings, if I change resolution. Next time I launch (first time it takes effect) I get a complete black screen, regardless of the JPCSP fullscreen option or what res. I pick. Once here i can do nothing, right clicking does nothing. I have to alt+F4 to kill.

I think you're talking about the option to choose resolution on the emulator     yes, it's broken.

But you can choose your resolution via your desktopWink
CPU: Intel Core I7 3770 OC'ed 4.2GHz
RAM 8GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX 560
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
Currently using Driver 310.90 WHQL
(06-26-2011, 08:12 PM)legend80 Wrote: 2) With DEFAULT settings, if I change resolution. Next time I launch (first time it takes effect) I get a complete black screen, regardless of the JPCSP fullscreen option or what res. I pick. Once here i can do nothing, right clicking does nothing. I have to alt+F4 to kill.
Strange, I have no problem switching the resolution.Huh
Can you press Alt-Tab to display the Command window that started Jpcsp? I guess some errors are displayed there...
Could you check if the resolution listed in the resolution drop-down list (Native, ...x..., ...) are really supported by your graphic card? E.g., can you switch your desktop to that resolution?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(06-27-2011, 11:43 AM)gid15 Wrote:
Strange, I have no problem switching the resolution.Huh
Can you press Alt-Tab to display the Command window that started Jpcsp? I guess some errors are displayed there...
Could you check if the resolution listed in the resolution drop-down list (Native, ...x..., ...) are really supported by your graphic card? E.g., can you switch your desktop to that resolution?

Huh, I'll check the alt+tab thing when I get home.

The resolution list looks good and I've tried a bunch, up to my native of 1920X1200. All yeild the same results.
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
Same here never tried the option before so thought id try it (native works fine), when using resolutions other then native I also get a black screen , I can see the mouse cursor though so its not using a bad refresh rate or anything..

Edit: btw no errors show in the console.
(06-27-2011, 08:36 PM)hyakki Wrote: Same here never tried the option before so thought id try it (native works fine), when using resolutions other then native I also get a black screen , I can see the mouse cursor though so its not using a bad refresh rate or anything..

Cool, I'm glad a dev is seeing this too. In the QA field, that's always an important hurdle. Tongue
Just want to say thank you. I'm playing FFCC in 3x resolution and now it makes perfect sense. For the first time playing in emulator is preferable over the real psp (for me). Altough it work in 90% of time (crowded scenes like in sector 8 are problem) it is still very enjoyable. Once again, thank you.
(06-29-2011, 09:19 PM)Gundark Wrote: Just want to say thank you. I'm playing FFCC in 3x resolution and now it makes perfect sense. For the first time playing in emulator is preferable over the real psp (for me). Altough it work in 90% of time (crowded scenes like in sector 8 are problem) it is still very enjoyable. Once again, thank you.

Pretty darn off-topic. BUT it could be useful (and you could show your appreciation) if you tell us what config/hardware you're using. Are you getting 3 times the native internal resolution? In all games?
The game is Final Fantasy: Crisis Core ULUS 10336. JPCSP rev. 2196. In video tab i have checked: use shaders, use geometry shaders for 2D rendering, enable decoding of indexed textures. In display tab the anti-aliasing is set to 8x and resolution in native. It's not 100% working but it's close. Here is sample.    
Athlon II 250, nVidia 9600gt, 2GB, Vista x64.
I tried Dragoneers Aria, and it's not working. I ordered Kingdom Hearts, and i'll test that one (altough i know that it's still not playable).
(06-29-2011, 11:19 PM)Gundark Wrote: The game is Final Fantasy: Crisis Core ULUS 10336. JPCSP rev. 2196. In video tab i have checked: use shaders, use geometry shaders for 2D rendering, enable decoding of indexed textures. In display tab the anti-aliasing is set to 8x and resolution in native. It's not 100% working but it's close. Here is sample.
Athlon II 250, nVidia 9600gt, 2GB, Vista x64.
I tried Dragoneers Aria, and it's not working. I ordered Kingdom Hearts, and i'll test that one (altough i know that it's still not playable).

Cool, thanks! Those dragon textures are definetely being upscaled. I guess it's the "3x resize" option that does that and I guess it only affects some things and in some games (background still looks native res.).

Devs: Can we get the "resize" option implemented in the full screen menu, so when in that mode, we can enjoy the benefits of (some) hi-res gfx? Thanks!
I think that anti-aliasing is crucial. Anyway, I'm salivating about possibility of making custom hi-res textures. That would be a killer.
Hmm, this is not good. It seems that rev.2211 is not working as expected. Here are comparisons on the same settings.