This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Regarding resolutions
Is there any way to change the resolution in the drop-down tab, while forcing the game to load windowed? Every time I change the resolution and load, it flips to a full-screen mode. :\ Using r2196 btw.

I've been able to achieve what looks like a higher-than-native resolution windowed, but it has been sporadic and doesn't seem to have rhyme-or-reason, just sort of choosing when it wants to look better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smile
I'm having troubles sorting this stuff out also.
Can someone fill in yes's/nos below so we all have a clear picture of what these settings affect?

Windowed:
-------------
Resize 2x, 3x settings:
Display size = Yes
Internal resolution =

Resolution settings:
Internal resolution =

Fullscreen:
------------
Resize 2x, 3x:
Display resolution=
Internal resolution =

Resolution settings:
Display resolution=
Internal resolution =
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
Windowed:
-------------
Resize 2x, 3x settings:
Display size = Yes
Internal resolution = Yes

Resolution settings:
Internal resolution = No

Fullscreen:
------------
Resize 2x, 3x:
Display resolution= No
Internal resolution = most likely Yes (may not work properly, not tested)

Resolution settings:
Display resolution= Yes
Internal resolution = No
Thanks! It looks like "resize" is not available in the full screen menus. So does that mean we have to sacrifice higher internal resolutions for full screen right now?
(06-24-2011, 07:14 AM)legend80 Wrote: Thanks! It looks like "resize" is not available in the full screen menus. So does that mean we have to sacrifice higher internal resolutions for full screen right now?
Full screen is trying to use the maximum available size on the screen by still keeping the PSP aspect ratio. If you want to choose a different resizing size, disable the full screen and select 2x or 3x or resize the window manually. All resizing options keep the PSP aspect ratio.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Sure, i get that, but my posts above are trying to sort out what you guys are doing with "display" and 'internal" resolution. If what Aredo says is true, the "resize" option is the only way to increase the internal res. And since that's not available in fullscreen....we have to see native res. models. If that's the case, resize should be added to fullscreen and of course only affect the internal resolution since the full screen option will take care of the display.
What i'm speaking of is simply being able to increase the internal resolution (as it's done in the settings tab) to anything but native, while retaining that resolution in a windowed mode. Fullscreen is fussy at best right now, and I'm one of many people having the black screen/can't press run issue.

Resize is nice, but... I still don't understand why sometimes the resize seems to click in at what looks to be a higher resolution, while more often than not it doesn't. It just seems to happen when it happens, and I can't seem to make it occur regardless of what my settings are. So odd. Tongue
(06-24-2011, 06:13 PM)legend80 Wrote: Sure, i get that, but my posts above are trying to sort out what you guys are doing with "display" and 'internal" resolution. If what Aredo says is true, the "resize" option is the only way to increase the internal res. And since that's not available in fullscreen....we have to see native res. models. If that's the case, resize should be added to fullscreen and of course only affect the internal resolution since the full screen option will take care of the display.
The only difference between full screen and resize is that full screen hides the menu and button bar and chooses the resize factor for you to fill as much as possible on the screen. You would get the same results when manually stretching the window to extend like full screen, excepted that you can't get rid of the menu and button bar.
Also, the 1x, 2x and 3x menu items are just a help to resize the window to fixed resize factors. You would also get the same effect when resizing manually.

Also, I don't understand what you mean with "display" and "internal" resolution... I only know the original PSP resolution and your screen resolution...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Wonder how people are getting hi-res graphics then...everything looks low-res (native) for me. But look at some of the screen shots around here - there's definetely a way to scale (increase the resolution ) of the textures and models in JPCSP right now.
r2205
First, thanks for getting fullscreen looking proper.

But there's still 2 display problems left and apparantly they don't affect everyone.

1) I CANNOT get a higher internal resolution not matter what I try. See this screenshot for what I get:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/unledkhw.jpg/

2) With DEFAULT settings, if I change resolution. Next time I launch (first time it takes effect) I get a complete black screen, regardless of the JPCSP fullscreen option or what res. I pick. Once here i can do nothing, right clicking does nothing. I have to alt+F4 to kill.

I cannot provide a log. Everything's set to write but the logs are 0kb after I leave. You can't do anything with the logger in fullscreen either. Those are probably related. And I'm not sure what info you'll get, you'll see me launch the app and that's it since I can't even make it to the launch umd phase.

Please continue looking at this remaining issues as I feel they have a huge usability effect and I think it would be nice to get to the bottom of these 2 issues plaguing people. Thanks!