This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Riviera The Promised Land
Sorry if this thread is not supposed to be here, but I would like to ask a few questions. For Jpcsp, is the emulator only able to run games it is set to be compatible with? Because when I try to run Riviera The Promised Land on the emulator, the game runs for a while, then crashes when the first battle starts. When I try to reload the game, a pop-up comes up which says 'Critical Error: check console for details'. If that is so, please tell me or post in this thread. BTW, I am a first-timer. If anyone knows about this error, please tell me how to solve it, or if Jpcsp can really only run a set number of certain games.
Thank You. (only to those who helped)
Graphics always crash when scene menus appear,someone help me solve this problem

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello jpcsp team,please make this game playable Sad
(08-18-2011, 03:31 AM)finalholylight Wrote: Hello jpcsp team,please make this game playable Sad

Any improvements with the latest revision r2289?
Sorry.
Jpcsp r2289.
setting default
use vertex cache + use shaders + enable VAO + enable the shader implementation for the "Stemcol Test"or"Color Mask".
By this,the problem of Graphics crash can be solved.
But at the item selector of the first place,the game will be broke.
I'm using r2289,it's still crash,hix Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bum, now I'm using r2322 ,still crash Sad(
My spec
Intel core 2 duo CPU E7200 2.53 ghz
2gb ram
nvidia geforce gt 220 1gb

jpcsp video config,I check all except disable VBO and only GE graphic.
Now i'm using r2367 ,still crash graphic , please help me solve this problem Sad
(10-29-2011, 03:23 PM)finalholylight Wrote: Now i'm using r2367 ,still crash graphic , please help me solve this problem Sad

I've also tested this game myself and it seems to be generating problematic textures. Some of them can be ignored if you press the buttons very quickly (in the item choosing menu), so the first crash can be skipped if you select the weapon very quickly with the "X" button. This seems to prove that the weapon item's sprites are causing some issues, which I had track down to an invalid hash code being generated from a bogus texture index.
I'm going to test this one again to see what else I can find.
Not only in item choosing menu ,when I open menu , it's crash,too ,like the old ver
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/attachment.php?aid=6214
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/attachment.php?aid=6215