This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
r2159 - Viewport Resize Filter
(06-18-2011, 10:16 AM)serio Wrote: the cube demo works more less fine (although in 3x the speed goes down by half). the unresponsive state happens for regular games.

if i resize cube to 2x/3x and then back to 1x the screen will stop updating, so i guess there's a slight problem there.

attached the cube log. it's set to debug level for 1x scale, then somewhere in the middle i switch to 3x size, and then back to 1x. in debug mode the speed goes down to <10 fps regardless of what scale it's in though.
OK, I have also some slowdown in 3x mode and back to 1x was not working when enabling the shader implementation for "Stencil Test" and "Color Mask". Without these options, I had no problems.
I will investigate...
Thanks!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(06-18-2011, 12:27 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(06-18-2011, 10:16 AM)serio Wrote: the cube demo works more less fine (although in 3x the speed goes down by half). the unresponsive state happens for regular games.

if i resize cube to 2x/3x and then back to 1x the screen will stop updating, so i guess there's a slight problem there.

attached the cube log. it's set to debug level for 1x scale, then somewhere in the middle i switch to 3x size, and then back to 1x. in debug mode the speed goes down to <10 fps regardless of what scale it's in though.
OK, I have also some slowdown in 3x mode and back to 1x was not working when enabling the shader implementation for "Stencil Test" and "Color Mask". Without these options, I had no problems.
I will investigate...
Thanks!
I hope to have fixed the problem in r2191. Could you test again?

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
the resize bug is gone, but the slowdown is still there, although only if stencil test is enabled. without it the speed's fine even on 3x, but with it enabled it goes down to 1-2 fps.

trying it in castlevania on its main menu.

with color mask enabled some screens are now gone btw (full screen 2d images on loading screens in ikkitousen). they're turned entirely black while they weren't before, but it doesn't cause a slowdown.
(06-18-2011, 03:21 PM)serio Wrote: the resize bug is gone, but the slowdown is still there, although only if stencil test is enabled. without it the speed's fine even on 3x, but with it enabled it goes down to 1-2 fps.

trying it in castlevania on its main menu btw.

with color mask enabled some screens are now gone btw (full screen 2d images on loading screens in ikkitousen). they're turned entirely black while they weren't before, but it doesn't cause a slowdown.

I can confirm the stencil slow down.

I also get dim/corrupted gfx with some games if the AF option checked. I don't remember seeing that before.

Fullscreen works pretty well now, except for it displaying the toolbar/bottom 5% of screen.
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
svn2190 : "Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader " will disable the anisotropic filter
(06-18-2011, 05:38 PM)legend80 Wrote:
(06-18-2011, 03:21 PM)serio Wrote: the resize bug is gone, but the slowdown is still there, although only if stencil test is enabled. without it the speed's fine even on 3x, but with it enabled it goes down to 1-2 fps.

trying it in castlevania on its main menu btw.

I can confirm the stencil slow down.

I also get dim/corrupted gfx with some games if the AF option checked. I don't remember seeing that before.

Fullscreen works pretty well now, except for it displaying the toolbar/bottom 5% of screen.

Is it fixed in r2193?
Ok, guys we got to be careful, we've taken a few steps back in the last day.

Street Fighter Alpha 3:

r2190:
PERFECT for the first time in Fullscreen. AF causes some missing gfx, but whatever.

r2191:
- Caused fullscreen gfx to revert to previous behavior making them blink and show corrupted. Reported in the official game thread.
- Along with that, the image only occupies a 1/4 of the screen in fullscreen, whereas previous commit, it filled the screen while maintaining aspect ratio.

r2193:
Caused Fullscreen to fill screen BUT now we lost the ability to use the mini right click menu after running a game, which first started working finally with gid's commits ( I think 2190 or around there). So now we're back to hitting the windows key or task manager to escape.

I'm going back to r2190 for now. Good luck guys, we're almost there with this display stuff!!
(06-18-2011, 06:26 PM)jacky400 Wrote: svn2190 : "Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader " will disable the anisotropic filter

The AF filter is definetely remains on with or without this optoin enabled. So I don't know what that's about...

BTW, in Little Big Planet, the color mask option causes background objects to be the front layer blocking view of the level.
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
(06-18-2011, 07:17 PM)legend80 Wrote: Ok, guys we got to be careful, we've taken a few steps back in the last day.

Street Fighter Alpha 3:

r2190:
PERFECT for the first time in Fullscreen. AF causes some missing gfx, but whatever.

r2191:
- Caused fullscreen gfx to revert to previous behavior making them blink and show corrupted. Reported in the official game thread.
- Along with that, the image only occupies a 1/4 of the screen in fullscreen, whereas previous commit, it filled the screen while maintaining aspect ratio.

r2193:
Caused Fullscreen to fill screen BUT now we lost the ability to use the mini right click menu after running a game, which first started working finally with gid's commits ( I think 2190 or around there). So now we're back to hitting the windows key or task manager to escape.
Any improvement in r2195?
Any performance improvement in r2196?
r2196
God of War:Ghost Of Sparta
Black screen if stencil test is enabled.

Attached Files
.rar   jpcsp2196_NPHG00092_log.rar (Size: 160.52 KB / Downloads: 103)
Hmm full screen Not Fully screen now

I have monitor 1920x1200 16:10

posible crashes Fullscreen or Resize 3x Posible flashing screen Random.

Code:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Exception in thread "AWT-Windows" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: OutOfMemoryError
        at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.eventLoop(Native Method)
        at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.NullPointerException: disposed component
        at sun.java2d.windows.GDIWindowSurfaceData.initOps(Native Method)
        at sun.java2d.windows.GDIWindowSurfaceData.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.java2d.windows.GDIWindowSurfaceData.createData(Unknown Source)
        at sun.java2d.d3d.D3DScreenUpdateManager.createScreenSurface(Unknown Sou
rce)
        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.createScreenSurface(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.replaceSurfaceData(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.replaceSurfaceData(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer$2.run(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$700(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Sour
ce)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.NullPointerException: disposed component
        at sun.java2d.windows.GDIWindowSurfaceData.initOps(Native Method)
        at sun.java2d.windows.GDIWindowSurfaceData.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.java2d.windows.GDIWindowSurfaceData.createData(Unknown Source)
        at sun.java2d.d3d.D3DScreenUpdateManager.getGdiSurface(Unknown Source)
        at sun.java2d.d3d.D3DScreenUpdateManager.createGraphics(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.getGraphics(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.getGraphics(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
        at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
ce)
ce)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
ce)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
[Image: 1388267.png]