This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
r2159 - Viewport Resize Filter
(05-31-2011, 12:04 AM)andutrache Wrote: My testing on r2163 reveal that :
1. With 1x size and resize enabled you get black screen.
2. With 2x,3x and resize enabled there are a lot of black lines under menu items in various games (upscaling bugs?).
3. The 2x,3x options now resize to the correct aspect ratio (was about goddamn time);
4. If you do not enable the resize filter but stretch the window the render area remains small (1x).
5. A lot of games now blink like hell (try P3P) with resize on.
6. UNRELATED TO RESIZING : In the movies of Tantei Opera Milky Holmes the sound is horribly desynced (the video is like 3-4 seconds ahead).
L.E: Oh wait there's more:
7. Resetting any game does not work anymore i press reset then run and the emulator locks up.

Verdict : still UGLY Tongue Try again.

Well what do you expect? It's not like it was going to work perfectly the first time. Either way, this is a major accomplishment. Great job Hykem!
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

Enable 'Only GE graphic' fix the screen flickering issue however the speed ....

and 2x resize show a big black block in some of the games .see attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

yeah this blank block is in Kingdom Hearts too, and the game would look great resized x2, if it wasn't this thing of course x3 if give a loads of visual errors
Only ge if enabled is working better with resize option no flashing screen but loss some speed in some games if only ge enabled.

[Image: 2j4bs45.jpg]

[Image: 28j9k0j.jpg]

[Image: 20hsjnm.jpg]

[Image: wvady0.jpg]
[Image: 1388267.png]
(05-30-2011, 10:37 PM)hyakki Wrote: Yea I get a black screen too as soon as I enable resize, but it gets fixed when I select 2x , 3x

Ok, if game is loaded, I can enable resize filter and then move to 2x or 3x and get some kind of display. The gfx are still not displayed correctly - with most zoomed in and cut off or just not displayed period. Some games better than others.

It is progress for sure, so good luck on getting all this functional!
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
Valkyria Chronicles 2 doesn't have the zoomed in, displaced graphics when resizing anymore and looks awesome at 2x. At 3x, some of the character bars and stuff near the sides gets cut off though. It also has the box in the corner like in one of the screens above, but not quite as big.

Nice work so far.
castlevania still has resizing problems.

maximizing the window doesn't seem to work, on ge only the hud remains the same size.
without ge only it still has the huge scale bug. hud resizes just fine, but the 3d part goes all huge.
it's all best visible in the first stage with all the flame effects, the rest work just fine.

after the resize option is activated, the screen is no longer stretched. it's all in the corner with black bars on the sides and above.

edit: with resize filter it sort of works. it creates a black rectangle that's around 1/4 of the screen, and covers all 3d parts of the game, but not the hud. (note, the rectangle only appears on the screens that otherwise had problems with resizing. otherwise it's not there)

has to be resized at least once, otherwise no graphics is shown. it'll be all black screen.

i'm liking the increased resolution. on 3x scale the character models look so detailed (and backgrounds so blocky lol)

note, the blackened background layer bug isn't related to this update, it's been there for a while. it seems to be caused by some frame buffer bug. it's taking the last picture from a video to display there instead of the background.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Resizing works in Spectral Souls but the game flickers, rendering some scenes unseen. Enabling GE graphics only ruins the resizing.[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 1.jpg]
Asrock 880GM-LE, Athlon II x2 245 @ 3.3Ghz, 4GB RAM, GTX 460 1GB
video about resize x2 in the 3rd birthday. Game flicker a lot sometimes.
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=9R54YMYU

With GE graphics on the game loss speed but still flickers.
(05-31-2011, 12:29 AM)Kai3213 Wrote:
(05-31-2011, 12:04 AM)andutrache Wrote: My testing on r2163 reveal that :
1. With 1x size and resize enabled you get black screen.
2. With 2x,3x and resize enabled there are a lot of black lines under menu items in various games (upscaling bugs?).
3. The 2x,3x options now resize to the correct aspect ratio (was about goddamn time);
4. If you do not enable the resize filter but stretch the window the render area remains small (1x).
5. A lot of games now blink like hell (try P3P) with resize on.
6. UNRELATED TO RESIZING : In the movies of Tantei Opera Milky Holmes the sound is horribly desynced (the video is like 3-4 seconds ahead).
L.E: Oh wait there's more:
7. Resetting any game does not work anymore i press reset then run and the emulator locks up.

Verdict : still UGLY Tongue Try again.

Well what do you expect? It's not like it was going to work perfectly the first time. Either way, this is a major accomplishment. Great job Hykem!

I wasn't even expecting it to work perfectly the first time, that was just a joke man don't rip my throat out.
The devs always do a great job as always but i do not need to state this every post Tongue
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15