This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lack of site updates?
Hey, just wondering why you guys barely ever put any news on the front page or really update the site at all? Last news update was almost 5 months ago, and I thought there've been plenty of newsworthy advances in JPCSP since then.

Also some suggestions about that:

It looks like half the trouble new users have is trying to use the 0.6 'milestone' release in the download section on the front page instead of the most up-to-date revision, which you can only find in a sub-section of the forums. I'd think a weekly round-up of changes + a link to the most current revision/automated build page in the news would help with that. It would also show that you're actively working on this, cause honestly, if I never checked out the forums I would have thought this was a dead project lol.

Also, changing the download link on the front page to go directly to the automated JPCSP build page would probably be best too, since there's no reason to use the 0.6 official release.

Just some thoughts.
(05-23-2011, 10:02 AM)Malicii Wrote: Hey, just wondering why you guys barely ever put any news on the front page or really update the site at all? Last news update was almost 5 months ago, and I thought there've been plenty of newsworthy advances in JPCSP since then.

Also some suggestions about that:

It looks like half the trouble new users have is trying to use the 0.6 'milestone' release in the download section on the front page instead of the most up-to-date revision, which you can only find in a sub-section of the forums. I'd think a weekly round-up of changes + a link to the most current revision/automated build page in the news would help with that. It would also show that you're actively working on this, cause honestly, if I never checked out the forums I would have thought this was a dead project lol.

Also, changing the download link on the front page to go directly to the automated JPCSP build page would probably be best too, since there's no reason to use the 0.6 official release.

Just some thoughts.

Hmm, quite true...
The main page needs a big redesign and more constant updates. I wouldn't mind be in charge of this, but I'll have to contact the website's administrator first.
You know, when the project first started we eventually became a full team with almost 20 different people. Now we're just 5 developers (only 2 currently working actively on JPCSP, now), plus beta-testers and occasional contributors so it has become harder to track this kind of stuff. Undecided