This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TEXTURE DUMPING?? HELP!!
(05-24-2011, 04:15 PM)gid15 Wrote: You can try to look at the other images generated by Jpcsp: one image is generated after each object display (the images sharing the same prefix are numbered in the order they are rendered: e.g. Image-4000000-1.bmp then Image-4000000-2.bmp and so on...). That way, you can see how the application builds the complete display. Some games apply post processing (e.g. blur) to the whole image after rendering it.

cool, but what i meant is about this corrupted files, should i change something on the config (i tried portable ops, little big planet and all files where alright)

[Image: corruptedtexturerip.jpg][Image: corruptedtexturerip-1.jpg]

it seems the reflection maps, and alphas kind of messes up with the texture and i got a useless mess... and making alphas for this low res files is more difficult than i thought
[Image: banner.jpg]
(05-25-2011, 06:48 PM)FRANKASTER Wrote: cool, but what i meant is about this corrupted files, should i change something on the config (i tried portable ops, little big planet and all files where alright)

it seems the reflection maps, and alphas kind of messes up with the texture and i got a useless mess... and making alphas for this low res files is more difficult than i thought
Could you post the log file (log.html) created while dumping the images? It includes a complete debug log for the dumped frame. I could check if this image has a special format.
Also, post the corrupted image as originally dumped, keeping the same file name (otherwise I can't find the matching section in the log file).

Alpha information is lost while dumping the images. They are created in BMP format, which doesn't support alpha.
(05-26-2011, 07:34 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(05-25-2011, 06:48 PM)FRANKASTER Wrote: cool, but what i meant is about this corrupted files, should i change something on the config (i tried portable ops, little big planet and all files where alright)

Could you post the log file (log.html) created while dumping the images? It includes a complete debug log for the dumped frame. I could check if this image has a special format.
Also, post the corrupted image as originally dumped, keeping the same file name (otherwise I can't find the matching section in the log file).

Alpha information is lost while dumping the images. They are created in BMP format, which doesn't support alpha.

ok thanks for the reply!

zip including snake's textures (somefine some half broken some crappy and log file)
mgs pw textures
Quote:They are created in BMP format, which doesn't support alpha.
but bmp does support alpha. just most programs don't support it for bmp, so it's lost if you try to save it.

there's a free program called alphaconv that can convert a 32 bit bmp files into png.
http://www.najmanowicz.com/temp/AlphaConv.zip

just drag and drop a 32 bit bmp into it and it'll output it as a png. if it's not 32 bit it won't change though.
(05-27-2011, 07:51 AM)serio Wrote:
Quote:They are created in BMP format, which doesn't support alpha.
but bmp does support alpha. just most programs don't support it for bmp, so it's lost if you try to save it.

there's a free program called alphaconv that can convert a 32 bit bmp files into png.
http://www.najmanowicz.com/temp/AlphaConv.zip

just drag and drop a 32 bit bmp into it and it'll output it as a png. if it's not 32 bit it won't change though.

thanks for the tip but the files are 16bit Sad
Now the BMP files are generated in 32-bit RGBA (i.e. including alpha) in r2148.
Tonguepretty amazing alphas, I don't even know how to thank you...Big Grin
[Image: bussu.png]
Would it be possible to add output in PNG?

Also, what about active dumping? Like what the Dolphin has.
(06-07-2011, 02:55 PM)Shina Wrote: Would it be possible to add output in PNG?

Also, what about active dumping? Like what the Dolphin has.

read the thread and there's a little program to convert the files with alpha

anyways now textures look clean and everything is pretty much nice, still few textures missing(corrupt) but i can find or made replacements thanks!!!

[Image: pwsnake-1.png][Image: cecilehd.png]
the program i sue to view this usually messes up with alphas but that does not matter