This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fps limit off request
(12-09-2012, 09:50 PM)makotech222 Wrote: Thats... interesting... I"m running the latest version as of today, and forced vsync off in my nvidia drivers (globally). Still getting frame limitting of 30 fps and 60 fps. Never exceeded it.

Btw, cpu is i2500k @ 4.4ghz

That's because Jpcsp is showing fps according to what the psp would do, you are probably getting much higher fps if you used a tool like fraps to monitor your fps, but its just reusing the same framebuffer so you won't see any real-world speed increase like you would in a PC game.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=10431]
Weird. I just installed fraps to double check, but it also shows 30fps. Perhaps there's a setting or something that is limiting the frames? Tried disabling all the audio threads, since thats usually it, but that didn't work Tongue

For reference, i'm trying this on dissidia 012, and ragnarok tactics.

Also using jpcsp launcher and 64 bit.
Yeah, these two games wont show more then 60 fps for some reason, I just tried it Smile
Try some other games, 90% of them will show more then 60 fps
Just tried Lords of Arcana and tactics ogre. Still getting frame limiting. Also tried the cube sample and was at 60fps (on fraps)
For me, tactics ogre is not limited.
[Image: VEc3a.jpg?1]
(12-10-2012, 11:07 AM)digiadventures Wrote: For me, tactics ogre is not limited.
[Image: VEc3a.jpg?1]

Ugh, must be my setup then... but i'm glad that someone got it to work! i've been waiting for this for a long time.

Forcing vsync off in my drivers, should i do it for java.exe, correct?
(12-10-2012, 03:25 PM)makotech222 Wrote:
(12-10-2012, 11:07 AM)digiadventures Wrote: For me, tactics ogre is not limited.

Ugh, must be my setup then... but i'm glad that someone got it to work! i've been waiting for this for a long time.

I didnt touch java.exe profile, and vsync is actually set to "use 3d application settings" in global profile.
I am curious why have you been waiting for this, what do you plan to accomplish ? I see no difference whatsoever in games except different fraps number Smile
(12-10-2012, 04:27 PM)digiadventures Wrote:

I didnt touch java.exe profile, and vsync is actually set to "use 3d application settings" in global profile.
I am curious why have you been waiting for this, what do you plan to accomplish ? I see no difference whatsoever in games except different fraps number Smile

Well i want the games to run faster-than-normal speed. Playing psp games like tactics ogre or valkyria chronicles 2, the battles take like 0:30 to an hour long. I like when my emulated games run faster so that i can finish games faster.
(12-10-2012, 05:43 PM)makotech222 Wrote:
(12-10-2012, 04:27 PM)digiadventures Wrote:

Well i want the games to run faster-than-normal speed. Playing psp games like tactics ogre or valkyria chronicles 2, the battles take like 0:30 to an hour long. I like when my emulated games run faster so that i can finish games faster.

I already told you game wont run faster, even when they show 100 fps with fraps.
That's still not implemented
I also would like this, hopefully maybe gid15 will impement it someday Smile
Yeah i figured. Which is why i started this thread in the first place Smile

Edit: oh and i fixed my fps at least. I deleted my entire jpcsp folder and replaced it with a brand new svn. Worked for some reason.