This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - USA - ULUS10391
Anyone else get problems with sounds? I seemed to be missing out lots of battle sounds and such.
(05-04-2013, 12:31 AM)makotech222 Wrote: Anyone else get problems with sounds? I seemed to be missing out lots of battle sounds and such.

Yes, I also have problems as I've posted earlier. I know it's listed as a Playable game, but it isn't stated that it's playable with or without sound. So that's why I'm asking for proper settings like you do Smile
Trying to get this running since it says playable. I am in game but the frame rate is terrible... Anyone have the preferred or best settings? I am using the latest version of Jpcsp. Thank you.
(05-07-2013, 12:32 AM)Muriel Wrote: Trying to get this running since it says playable. I am in game but the frame rate is terrible... Anyone have the preferred or best settings? I am using the latest version of Jpcsp. Thank you.

As far as I've seen, these are the best settings:

Options >
- Clock Speed = 300%

Options >
- Configuration >
- - Compiler >
- - - Disable Output profiler and set Method Size to 50

Options >
- Configuration >
- - Compiler >
- - - Enable use vertex cache

If it's still too slow you can disable media engine too but, depending on the game, with media engine disabled the sounds and videos might not work properly.

Options >
- Configuration >
- - Media >
- - - Disable Media Engine
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
3072MB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB
Java Build 1.8.0-EA-B89
(05-07-2013, 04:57 AM)kyousuke Wrote: - Configuration >
- - Compiler >

If it's still too slow you can disable media engine too but, depending on the game, with media engine disabled the sounds and videos might not work properly.

Options >
- Configuration >
- - Media >
I have texture issues when I attempt to put Shaders on ( ATI user here and also selected that ATI shader option ), so I went with your config and it worked. Now the remaining issue is when creating character the painel to select the letters isn't appearing, do you know any fix for this? :<

EDIT
Nvm, got it working.

EDIT2
Wow, even with Media off I am still lagging.
My pc:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40GHz
6GB memory ( 1337mhz or something around this)
HD Radeon 5700 series

Is this normal to run the game on 10 fps? I have the last driver for my ATI and got the motherboard and such upgraded if I am not wrong.
(05-08-2013, 04:54 AM)Manin Wrote:
(05-07-2013, 04:57 AM)kyousuke Wrote: - Configuration >
- - Compiler >

Options >
- Configuration >
- - Media >
I have texture issues when I attempt to put Shaders on ( ATI user here and also selected that ATI shader option ), so I went with your config and it worked. Now the remaining issue is when creating character the painel to select the letters isn't appearing, do you know any fix for this? :<

EDIT
Nvm, got it working.

EDIT2
Wow, even with Media off I am still lagging.
My pc:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40GHz
6GB memory ( 1337mhz or something around this)
HD Radeon 5700 series

Is this normal to run the game on 10 fps? I have the last driver for my ATI and got the motherboard and such upgraded if I am not wrong.

JPCSP doesn't work well with ATI cards, cuz shader option doesn't work on ATI... Every game need that option, and it doesn't work on ATI, so it's useless.. 10 FPS is very slow.. Try with PPSSPP, it works full speed there.
Quote:JPCSP doesn't work well with ATI cards, cuz shader option doesn't work on ATI...
yeah, that's ati for you. sometimes going for the underdog doesn't work out in the end, because the underdog is one because it's legitimately worse.

ati apparently hates open source formats and implements them half assedly, as seen with opengl implementation in their radeon cards/drivers. their directx support works just as good as nvidia's does, so you won't see it with regular commercial games since they always use directx, but opengl nope. you have to implement hundreds of workarounds to get it working right.
(05-08-2013, 01:06 PM)serio Wrote:
Quote:JPCSP doesn't work well with ATI cards, cuz shader option doesn't work on ATI...
yeah, that's ati for you. sometimes going for the underdog doesn't work out in the end, because the underdog is one because it's legitimately worse.

ati apparently hates open source formats and implements them half assedly, as seen with opengl implementation in their radeon cards/drivers. their directx support works just as good as nvidia's does, so you won't see it with regular commercial games since they always use directx, but opengl nope. you have to implement hundreds of workarounds to get it working right.

I'm sad it doesn't work properly on JPCSP.. Sad
(05-08-2013, 12:41 PM)srdjan045 Wrote: JPCSP doesn't work well with ATI cards, cuz shader option doesn't work on ATI... Every game need that option, and it doesn't work on ATI, so it's useless.. 10 FPS is very slow.. Try with PPSSPP, it works full speed there.
That's ... weird? I played Fate/Extra which needs Shader using Shaders options in some previous version, but now I can't. Well, going for PPSSPP then.
Anybody still trying to fix the sound?
I'd really like to play this on a big screen