This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP doesn't use dedicated GPU
So the problem is i have a laptop with 2 GPUs.
1 integrated and 1 dedicated.The problem is that by default JPCSP seems to use the integrated one,so i have to manually command it to use the dedicated one.Is there a way to make it use the dedicated GPU by default?Thx
Intel, Corei5 2.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT420M, Win7
Disable the integrated?
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
(05-05-2011, 04:25 PM)Vegerunks Wrote: Disable the integrated?

I can do that but i don't want to be using the dedicated every time for power consumption reasons and doing the occasional office work does not require a dedicated gpu...
also while using the integrated graphics hatsune miku project diva run with lag but does not freeze whereas if i use the dedicated gpu the fps is better but then the screen freeze when playing any song...anybody had this problem?
As far as i know most Computers aren't meant to have a Integrated Graphics card running at the same time as a dedicated and as far as you not wanting to disable the integrated for power consumption reasons... What's the point of trying to save power if you're using BOTH at same time
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
(05-06-2011, 08:32 AM)Vegerunks Wrote: As far as i know most Computers aren't meant to have a Integrated Graphics card running at the same time as a dedicated and as far as you not wanting to disable the integrated for power consumption reasons... What's the point of trying to save power if you're using BOTH at same time
actually its not both at the same time, it depends on the work load...for e.g: when playing games it automatically use the dedicated one,when browsing the integrated one...etc...btw the way its a laptop and thats the way it was a factory setting...
also i have noticed that the FPS does not go beyond 60, i need it to go beyond 60 to play hatsune miku project diva without lag.might this be because my screen refresh rate is 60?
The max FPS in a game is 60... if you don't have only GE enabled then it will give you a "fake" FPS which would explain why 60 fps "lags" Thats why you can't get it beyond 60.
(05-06-2011, 08:17 PM)Vegerunks Wrote: The max FPS in a game is 60... if you don't have only GE enabled then it will give you a "fake" FPS which would explain why 60 fps "lags" Thats why you can't get it beyond 60.

i enabled GE and still got 60 FPS but there is constant gliching...Sad
do you have Save GE to texture for the extra speed needed?