This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is still nvidia preferable over ATI?
I'm about to get a new rig:
I5 2500K with either an ATI 6850 or an Nvidia 560 (non-TI).
Which of those cards would perform better in JPCSP nowadays? Are ATI cards still conflicting?
ATI cards will almost always cause issues on here, Nvidia Cards always seem to be more compatible in all things gaming. With ATI Overheat issues, glitches in games, and problems like what people get here are alot more common. My friend had 5 fans in his computer and upgraded from a nvidia to an ATI and went from an average of 20 degrees celsius to 80-90 degrees celsius ATI cards are poorly cooled and usually more expensive for good quality ones so I'd probably stick to the Nvidia.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
But outside general gaming, does an nvidia vga still outperform an ATI card greatly in JPCSP? Does the ATI have extra compatibility issuess?
ATI / AMD cards currently have poor or buggy opengl support and usually the user needs to try various drivers just to find one that works. for directx games they are probably on par with nvidia cards.
Jpcsp uses OpenGL, so unless amd fixes their drivers their cards will continue to have poor support in many opengl applications including jpcsp. also most of the devs and testers have nvidia cards so most optimization go towards that.

The most common issue with ati cards and jpcsp is very slow speed and no shader support (depending on the driver used) and other strange bugs.

Very well then, thanks for the insight on that.
So I guess a 560 would do it for jpcsp? It would perform better than an ATI 6850 I guess?
damicore Wrote:So I guess a 560 would do it for jpcsp? It would perform better than an ATI 6850 I guess?

As far i can see on the forum and for what people said to you, it seems that nVidia goes better that AMD/ATI at least on JPCSP.

Otherwise, AMD/ATI goes better on PC games. I do have an Radeon 6620 whit 512MB dedicated on 444MHz and whit that, i can make it though Battlefield 3 High configuration, Skyrim High configuration and Modern Warfare 3 whit highest configuration.

For the opposite, on nVidia you need a expensive video card working whit a nice processor to make all that work good.

If you have the money, Intel and nVidia works great togheter but being so expensive. AMD and ATI works great for less money and make it great too on PC games; emulators not so well.
[Image: montcer.png]