This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
God of War Series and its copy-cat(Dante's Inferno) Seem Playable
Hi,everybody.I am back! So much exams and CTs were,I was so busy.Between Happy weekend!!

For some unknown reason a idea got me that I can test this epic series with pcsx2 0.9.8 and jpcsp-2106-windows-x86 in 2 different OS,windows xp and 7.

First, I am telling you the results.Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
God of War I:Not yet tested,probably will do on today's night.And then you will see this post updated!
God of War II:Works better on xp than 7 on same settings.Constant 59-62 NTSC fps.
In win7,fps is only 1-2 less,you wont notice,dont worry.

The next 3 games and 2 demos,I have not done gameover on jpcsp yet.So,I can not conform you that you will see the following result all over the games.And also for now,I did not use sonicstage,I will update it with sound effect too later.

God of War::Chains of Olympus
&&
God of War::Ghost of Sparta
&&
Dante's Inferno(uhh can someone call it crap "kratos's inferno" instead?!)
&&
2 demos of God of Wars

With some bugs for god of wars(very minor if you consider),in some places-major bugs for dante's inferno,minimum 15-16fps,maximum 27-30fps,average near20fps(better call it 18-22fps),shadow of krato is not very very perfect.Dodgy
The result above is for windows 7 with latest nvidia driver and directx 10.
In case of windows xp,all is roughly same with a blackscreen.AngryAngryThis means,you go to file>open UMD,then everythings will come up,you will hear sound in game menu togglling.If you are in luck to load game or select new game,you enter game too,kratos will fight too,but you will not see him,you will see a blackscreen all over the time.So good luck with searching stuffs in load shedding in the realm of M$ xp!Sad

Anyway,dante's inferno works on xp.Big Grin

The only different between chains of olympus and ghost of sparta demo(once upon a time, that ghost stole the chain of mineBig GrinBig Grin) is the minimum fps.Sometime in GOW::ghost of sparta demo,minimum fps is as low as 14!

P.S.one thing I just do not understand.When the speed is near or above 22,I can not differentiate the gameplay between psp and jpcsp
(if I am satisfied with the minor graphics bugs).It means that I can enjoy gameplay as smooth and speedy as psp.Why this happen?
I thought native console experience can only be gained with 60fps!

Now stuff configurations.
PC configuration:
Core 2 Due 2.67GHz,2GB ram,Nvidia8500GT,DG31PR motherboard intel,500GB HDD,i guess others isnt necessary,is it?
Pcsx2 Configuration:
see snapshots.
on the next posts
Jpcsp configuration:
See nect post.
snapshots below.

And here is the rest one configuration snapshot of pcsx2 0.9.8 and all jpcsp snapshot.

This is bullshit man this is a JPCSP forum not a PCSX2 forum so please delete this crap post
(05-04-2011, 12:30 PM)just_in_deed Wrote: This is bullshit man this is a JPCSP forum not a PCSX2 forum so please delete this crap post

ya I know very well of it.I suggest you to look deeply.My post regards of 5 games.
1.God of War I
2.God of War II
3.God of War::Chains of Olympus
4.God of War::Ghost of Sparta
5.Dante's Inferno

First 2 of them is for ps2.So I posted information about pcsx2.The rest 3 of them is for psp.So I posted about jpcsp.Whats wrong?A single can not allow me more than 10 photos.So First i post 9 of the pcsx2 snapshot and then the rest.May be without reading deeply,you first saw pcsx2 snapshot.

I know very well that many jpcsp users can play those game at 40-50fps.But look on their PC spec.I have seen many guys on youtube have those psp game running on jpcsp near to or better than psp.But all of them have a high end pc.I even thought of buying corei7 and some ddr3 rams just only for jpcsp.But things have changed now.

Between,thanks for a nice objective "crap"
ok first of all you can help developers finding more runnable not yet posted PSP games rather than just being posting other Playstation emulators snapshots u know.

and yes you have posted other games but If you could do a lil bit more developers can improve JPCSP alot
(05-04-2011, 01:10 PM)just_in_deed Wrote: If you could do a lil bit more developers can improve JPCSP alot

How man?
I am not very clever with coding(and lazy tooBig Grin).Assembly is a nightmare-type things to me.Orphis gave me a assignment,only God knows in what century it will finish,ha ha ha.
lol u're too lazy
ops got a truble while playing god of war chains of olympus.In game music does not appear! But SFX sound is ok.
just one question how did you managed to play god of war ghost of sparta in JPCSP because I have the game and tested it on JPCSP and I was able to decrypt it but the game doesn't load in the emu not even the main menu of the game Sad
Why is this not in general discussion? Its just taking up space here.
One more time!
on the way of "temple of helios".
Antialiasing does not affect fps.With sonicstage latest installed and with sound,I had different test.Decoding audio with sonicstage take away some fps(nearly 5-7fps).However I made a change of settings on video configuration.Look my new conf. snapshot below.

And with this setting,you will get sound+graphics+speed satisfactory.But in some particular place,fps drop really bad.Example:when you fight basilacs.

You can cover this area with changing setting on media.On media,untick everything.You will get a fps boost of minimum 5-7fps.But you will not hear any music,only game sfx sound.In some places shadow of kratos is like a black rectangle(snapshot),so do the enemy.

I have an idea.Can there be a install feature that will decode(or decrypt) all audio(probably video file) prior to play.So we do not have to use media engine or sonicstage during gameplay.My psp model is 1000 fat.8GB space,5.5GEN-D3.Is there some homebrew or decryptor that can do the job?
More precisely,I can decrypt or decode those file with that homebrew software or decryptor,and place those files on some special folder and jpcsp will took those file sothat without using media engine,we can have sound+video.This would be so nice.Compatibility would rise a lot.

@just_in_deed,sorry dude,I messed up with demo.I will check on it after testing chains of olympus.But I believe,it will work like demo.