This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops + NTSC USA (ULUS10290)
Mmm yeah, crash still there. As i say on last post, now i can play several minutes without game crash.

Info log isn't much helper since it does not say that an error has occurred. Is any Log or Debug tool that may help us find what is making this game crashing? Windows says that video driver is the problem and i believe it; however maybe exist a way to found what is the code that JPCSP introduce on ATI driver starting the problem.

Here is a info log; i guess it stop exactly when video driver stop working.

Attached Files
.7z   r2703x64 - MGPO_Crash.7z (Size: 10.27 KB / Downloads: 90)
[Image: montcer.png]
03:48'', thats the time game takes to crash.

I am not sure but i guess an option is the one that make this game crash. Trying with different options will be it a hard time to found the one that make the game crash. Maybe exist an easier way to do it; if so, please tell me.

Also, i have recorded this video where some glitch on video shows. For example on 00:46'' the menu becomes crazy and the pop up with the YES/NO option to start the mission is flashing. The video shows the improve made since r2674 where FPS came to 10/20 making game more playable; it can be compared to r2672 video few post before. Since 03:48'' the driver crash and game stop; if you let the video continue playing you will see that game image vanish and a gray/white rectangle appear on JPCSP Windows and the sound still there until it stop at all; i must close it by the CMD cause the Windows does not work.

Note: Since i updated to newest ATI OpenGL version i try again r2674 and it still stopping the video driver but more aggressive than newest rev because game crash a few seconds since gameplay start; on r2684 for example, gameplay at least is on minutes. Here is a log.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   r2674x64 - MGPO DriverStopWorking.7z (Size: 9.4 KB / Downloads: 80)
need to do an other threads for mgs:po (not +) ?

MGS PO (not +).

config
windows 8, i5 2400, gtx 560, 8gb ram

jpcsx config
build 2703
maximum method size => keep to 3000 , cause game crash if it's to 50

use media engine cause without, few video are not played and other have no sound (but work great with it)

Enable saving GE screen to texture instea of memory => the game have really less aliasing and are more beautiful , but i think it's make lose fps or not)

i am usualy 7-15 fps , but more often <10

here the log :

Attached Files
.7z   logmgspo.7z (Size: 17.23 KB / Downloads: 80)
(09-02-2012, 03:00 PM)lainiwaku Wrote: need to do an other threads for mgs:po (not +) ?
For your game version, dedicated thread is this:
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - USA - ULUS10202

Also, you may want try with latest release of JPCSP which is 2718; here:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

(08-08-2012, 07:19 AM)gid15 Wrote: This game seems to use a lot the "spline" command for its rendering. The current spline implementation is in software and quite slow. I've already tried to implement it using a geometry shader but with no luck.

Could you take a dump of a single frame as follows ...
Since that fix work very nice and now with Catalyst 12.9 the blue screen and the video driver stop working are fixed i guess we can continue testing this game.

As i told before, MGSPO+ has not an stable speed because how you can notice on the videos, sometimes it becomes slow; i OverClock my CPU (AMD A8-3510mx Quad Core at 2.5 GHz) to 3.0 GHz and game still with the lag problem so maybe it need another workaround. For that reason i make another image dump where speed goes down and here are the files: InfoLog+Profiler+BMP images from dump process.

Batch:
Code:
ren "r2758x64 - MGSPO+ (Profiler+InfoLog+BMPDUMP).1.7z" "r2758x64 - MGSPO+ (Profiler+InfoLog+BMPDUMP).7z.001"
ren "r2758x64 - MGSPO+ (Profiler+InfoLog+BMPDUMP).2.7z" "r2758x64 - MGSPO+ (Profiler+InfoLog+BMPDUMP).7z.002"
ren "r2758x64 - MGSPO+ (Profiler+InfoLog+BMPDUMP).3.7z" "r2758x64 - MGSPO+ (Profiler+InfoLog+BMPDUMP).7z.003"

Attached Files
.7z   r2758x64 - MGSPO+ (Profiler+InfoLog+BMPDUMP).1.7z (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 81)
.7z   r2758x64 - MGSPO+ (Profiler+InfoLog+BMPDUMP).2.7z (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 91)
.7z   r2758x64 - MGSPO+ (Profiler+InfoLog+BMPDUMP).3.7z (Size: 352.71 KB / Downloads: 79)
when i try to load I get a black screen, any ideas why?
Do you get any sound?
No absolutely nothing Sad
What are your PC specs?
Macbook pro 2011, quadcore, 4gigram, OSX Lion