This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
I think he meant he could enable both options 'stencil test' and 'Save ge to textures' in r2490 (save ge to textures would give a speedup), both options used to be compatible (and could be enabled at once) now when they are enabled you will get a half screen effect, The actual dialog text stopped working in r2536, so two separate issues here Smile

r2535 still had the same incompatibility with Save GE to textures so that's probably another issue introduced before, the dialog text still worked in r2535 though (r2536 is what permanently broke stencil), when you comment out re.enableFlag(GU_STENCIL_TEST); in the latest revision it will bring the dialog text back.

However I would also like to see it compatible with the Save GE screen to texture option again so ill try to narrow the revision that broke in, i'll start with r2490 :p

r2593 normal
Stencil Test

Stencil Test + Save GE to Textures. (half screen effect)

-----
r2593 modified with re.enableFlag(GU_STENCIL_TEST) commented out (introduced in r2536) (fixes dialog text)
Stencil Test

Stencil Test + Save GE to Textures. (half screen effect)

r2490,r2491 = working with save ge to textures + stencil (no half screen effect).

r2492+ = broke with save ge to textures + stencil (introduced the half screen bug)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560 [Encrypted] - by hyakki - 07-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Sound error and sonic stage - by Linkmet95 - 08-26-2013, 05:20 AM