This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
I didn't think it had to do with the stress on my video card. It's a GTX560M. This still occurs despite having stencil on.

Alright, update. I waited it out and 5 minutes later the boss fight DID occur, but here is the interesting part. That fight altered something about my graphical settings (not the ones I have as options to me, I'm talking the hardcoded ones) causing my text to be permanately invisible no matter what option I do, as well as causing stencil test to no longer work whatsoever. I find it hard to believe waiting for the glitch to end would cause this but this occurred exactly after I entered the boss.
this game seems to run really slow for me. my system is an AMD A8-3850 (Radeon 6550) with 8GB of Ram. For reference sake I can play Skyrim, Crysis 2, etc on it. But FFIV seems to run really slow. I average about 20fps, but what's worse is the game speed. 20fps is perfectly fine with me as long as it quick to play. It seems like the game is running at half speed and playing with frame skip doesnt really seem to do anything. Assuming the game is supposed to run at 60fps, is there a way I can get it auto frame skip to always achieve a reasonable gameplay speed?
Restarting my computer oddly enough fixed the issue. Huh.

Boss transitions seem VERY slow. Everything else is dandy.

Forcing frameskip works very well for lagging animations. 60 makes it flicker A LOT but 30 is a nice even balance. Unfortunately, boss transitions (ones where the screens cracks and breaks like a 3d animation) are ALWAYS at 6 FPS regardless of frameskip. Everything else works fine.

There might be some type of lingering data issue as once I close the emulator, I have to restart my computer in order to get it to run correctly again. (Usually has missing text/missing menus/etc)
Hi all,

Great thread. All the info here helped me get really far! But I too am suffering from the missing text problem.

My computer:
- Mid 2011 Mac Mini running Windows 7
- 2.7ghz Intel core i7
- 8gb 1333mhz DDR3 ram
- ATI Radeon HD 6630m 256mb onboard RAM

Here's what I tried first:
- Enable dynamic shader generation (recommended for amd/ati)

That crashed the game, so I unchecked that.

I found that these are required to get anything to display at all:
- Enable the shader implementation for the "color mask"
- Disable optimized VertixInfo reading

With that config I get further, but I still have the following problems:
- The intro movie plays, but the sound is skippy at times toward the middle starting at the airship scene until the end
- I can go in-game, but only at 30ps and everything is distorted

I then added the following option:
- Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader

This did not improve the movies, but it did fix the in-game stuff. Performance shot up to 60fps and the visual glitches disappeared. However, I can't see any of the dialog.

I also tried turning off all options and going with pure software rendering (the last option). This produced a perfect rendering complete with text, but performance slowed back down to 30-40 frames. Too slow.

Anyone have any suggestions for getting a computer with specs like mine working? So close yet so far! Smile
(03-28-2012, 04:53 PM)split Wrote: this game seems to run really slow for me. my system is an AMD A8-3850 (Radeon 6550) with 8GB of Ram. For reference sake I can play Skyrim, Crysis 2, etc on it. But FFIV seems to run really slow. I average about 20fps, but what's worse is the game speed. 20fps is perfectly fine with me as long as it quick to play. It seems like the game is running at half speed and playing with frame skip doesnt really seem to do anything. Assuming the game is supposed to run at 60fps, is there a way I can get it auto frame skip to always achieve a reasonable gameplay speed?

Whats your CPU? Ram and Video card don't matter too much if you have a crap CPU. And also with it being a Radeon people have lots of problems with ATI GPUs for JPCSP
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
Total newbie here,
had ZERO experience in handling PSP on com

so what do i need?

i need a emulator from this link
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
but which one? was the first post updates? which number should i follow?

for the rom, does anyone i found in the net of .iso file works?

pls help me

you need a modded psp and an original, bought game to play on the emulator. pirated downloaded games are not only not supported here, but discussing them is bannable offense.

for the emu, look at the dates. the newest one is usually the best, it gets updated every few days.
arrr... my bad, tot poor people like me are here for solutions

guess nothing i can get from here either

Hello guys!! How are you doing? Big Grin

I have a similar issue and I'm wondering if anyone could help me.

my computer specs:

CPU: i7 920 @2.67GHz
Video: Nvidia Gforce GTX 275
RAM: 6 gigs

Before posting here, I have tried many different settings for the Jpcsp. (every possible video combination)

Stencil/colormask works great but the big animations can be choppy and half of the time the damage is not appearing.

When I use saving GE screen to Textures, everything is so smooth, the animations and transitions are clean and everything is appearing except the menu battles. (as shown in the below picture)

[Image: aua43l.png]

The battle menu appears when I click the Use Software Rendering option but then it drops my fps by a lot and everything becomes really slow and it's not playable. I tried manually forcing the fps to 30 but it doesn't seem to change much. 60 is a good speed but it starts skipping a lot of animations and damage starts dissapearing again.

So my question is, anyone know what's causing the menu not to appear? (since in the first post it seems to work) I use every other settings as mentionned in the first post. Everything is so smooth except I can't see the menus so if anyone could tell me what's causing it and suggest a fix that would be great as I am not tech-savy.

Thank you so much!! Big Grin

After going through all 27 pages of the thread, and trying any solution I could, I finally got everything to appear using only the software rendering option. Only problem is that the game runs at about 20-25 fps outside of battle.

The only issue I had that I was trying to solve was getting the dialog text to appear. I tried both stencil and color mask but I couldn't get it to appear with either one, and the battle menus were invisible except for the top outline of the menu.

I'm using version 2539 of JPCSP. Video card is a Radeon HD 4350, CPU is Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5400+ (2.8ghz). 3gb of RAM and Windows 7 64-bit.

I don't remember seeing if there was a previous version of JPCSP that displayed dialog and didn't have a bunch of graphics glitches as well. Don't have issues with cutscenes or sound, just the text.