This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
r2406 (32bit)
Ignore invalid memory access disabled.
it will usually randomly break after the first movie (before game menu).(log-1)

Ignore invalid memory access enabled.
game works normally up to the Leviathan, it plays the movie to the end where it starts to fade to black, then it stops, there is also no audio when the movie plays (but it decodes fine)
(log-2)

other notes
as an alternative it looks like you can now use "Color Mask" instead of "Stencil Test" and dialog text will show up (also a nice speed boost from Stencil) , it still needs some more testing since sometimes it doesn't work.

I also ran it through the 64bit Jpcsp and it had the same result.

Attached Files
.rar   log-1.rar (Size: 5.05 KB / Downloads: 102)
.rar   log-2.rar (Size: 7.31 KB / Downloads: 96)
(12-16-2011, 06:05 AM)hyakki Wrote: r2406 (32bit)
Ignore invalid memory access disabled.
it will usually randomly break after the first movie (before game menu).(log-1)

Ignore invalid memory access enabled.
game works normally up to the Leviathan, it plays the movie to the end where it starts to fade to black, then it stops, there is also no audio when the movie plays (but it decodes fine)
(log-2)

other notes
as an alternative it looks like you can now use "Color Mask" instead of "Stencil Test" and dialog text will show up (also a nice speed boost from Stencil) , it still needs some more testing since sometimes it doesn't work.

I also ran it through the 64bit Jpcsp and it had the same result.

Can you post the save before the leviathan I have the game but havent play it so I can test ?
(12-16-2011, 11:48 AM)digiadventures Wrote: Can you post the save before the leviathan I have the game but havent play it so I can test ?

someone posted the save way back in a previous post Here

when in-game walk over to the boat, then skip though the dialog to get to the encounter.
Ok it is imposible to pass that sequence in latest revisions,but game works fine on older revisions,I didnt notice any other bugs or anything,so I dont see whats the problem. Actually more bugs are present in newer revisions,sometimes text doesnt appear even if I dont change any video settings. So I need to restart the emu to fix it. No such problems on older revisions.
2410, AMD/ATI 11.11.

Using my previously posted config, battle backgrounds now work, text works.

But the game runs 1/2 speed and damage numbers in battles are sometimes broken.

Almost there.
> as an alternative it looks like you can now use "Color Mask" instead of "Stencil Test"

I can confirm this on AMD/ATI. Full 60 FPS in actual game and in battles. But still drops to 1/2 when heavy effects kick in during battles and during this Mode7-looking flight.
I tried v2440 with the settings provided by knws, and it runs ~15 fps during magic spells and such. Also, I remember the earlier versions had issues with that white strip in the screen, has that been fixed somehow with a specific config option? Still see it, it's like a vertical screen tear. Looks and runs much better for me on my intel dual 3.0 E8400 / nvidia 9800GT. Hoping to see progress from these hard-working developers.
i didnt get it , how can i pass the leviathan scene ? so i can continue with the game?
how come dialogue has no text in it? anyone know figured out why? sorry if this has been asked before. I didn't find any in search.
did you already enable use non-native fonts. also try use vertex cache.
Mobo:Gigabyte (GA-78LMT-USB3) CPU:AMD FX-6300 RAM:G-Skill 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800 VGA:Sapphire R7 265 2GB OS:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
I do use vertex cache, as for none-native fonts, is that debug font?