This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
(10-29-2011, 02:23 AM)dejahu Wrote: can someone list their PC specs if you have this close to fully playable?
As long as you have a newer nvidia video card (6800+) and meet the other jpcsp requirements (decent cpu, 2+ gigs of ram) - the game should work fine I've played for hours without any problems, I know the stencil test option might not work correctly on ati/intel or other video cards. (so stick with nvidia)

This game could also be moved to the playable section since it meets most requirements, movies, audio, controllable characters ...etc
Yeah, i have 4 gigs of ram, dual core 3.0ghz intel processor, and a 9800GT card. Still relatively unplayable. Are you using the latest version of jpcsp or are you using everything you have listed at page 1? thanks for reply again.
I use the settings I posted on the first post, and usually use the latest revision of Jpcsp,
your pc specs should be good enough, the only thing I can think of that could effect stencil test is the nvidia drivers.

make sure your nvidia video card drivers are up to date and nothing else is using the cpu in the background.
is there a leviathin fix or work around? I keep getting game lock up when hitting the leviathan scene before getting to myssidia and after leaving fabul and getting on the boat. any help or possible work arounds would be appreciated.
(11-13-2011, 10:58 AM)mordaki987 Wrote: is there a leviathin fix or work around? I keep getting game lock up when hitting the leviathan scene before getting to myssidia and after leaving fabul and getting on the boat. any help or possible work arounds would be appreciated.

Isn't that where a cut scene occurs? If so, you might just need to press start to bypass it (or enable cutscenes by installing Sony's media player and enabling the external media player setting in the emulator).
this is jpcsp here there is no enabling or disabling of external media players. i would just really like to be able to continue on playing the damn game till then i'm stuck with not being able to get past the bloody portion of the game.

(11-13-2011, 04:07 PM)lucidox Wrote:
(11-13-2011, 10:58 AM)mordaki987 Wrote: is there a leviathin fix or work around? I keep getting game lock up when hitting the leviathan scene before getting to myssidia and after leaving fabul and getting on the boat. any help or possible work arounds would be appreciated.

Isn't that where a cut scene occurs? If so, you might just need to press start to bypass it (or enable cutscenes by installing Sony's media player and enabling the external media player setting in the emulator).

(11-13-2011, 07:24 PM)mordaki987 Wrote: this is jpcsp here there is no enabling or disabling of external media players. i would just really like to be able to continue on playing the damn game till then i'm stuck with not being able to get past the bloody portion of the game.

(11-13-2011, 04:07 PM)lucidox Wrote:

Try searching the thread a bit for how to get cutscenes working. It involves installing a 3rd party media player that gets both video and audio working in cutscenes. Don't remember the exact steps.
you need to post a log when you have problems like this, luckily I have a save at the levitation encounter so I can make a log this time.

you can revert to an older version of the emulator if you want this scene to work.

r2378 - invalid memory when the levitation movie is supposed to play.
(sometimes the first intro movie also gets an invalid memory error)

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 94.27 KB / Downloads: 91)
bah i swear this stupid emulator has more game compatibility problems then i would like. i mean there has to be a way to simply either fix this or allow us to bypass the event completely. i really am tired of getting to the part of the event where the bard falls down to the deck cedric looks like he's going over to help him fade to black and the emulator auto-pauses

(11-13-2011, 09:37 PM)hyakki Wrote: you need to post a log when you have problems like this, luckily I have a save at the levitation encounter so I can make a log this time.

you can revert to an older version of the emulator if you want this scene to work.

r2378 - invalid memory when the levitation movie is supposed to play.
(sometimes the first intro movie also gets an invalid memory error)

(11-13-2011, 11:19 PM)mordaki987 Wrote: bah i swear this stupid emulator has more game compatibility problems then i would like. i mean there has to be a way to simply either fix this or allow us to bypass the event completely.

You should know by now that Jpcsp is the best PSP emulator around and the dev's are doing the best job they can do (for free), not to mention only 2 devs are actively working on it.

Just take a look at the source code its not as easy to fix something and not break something else. there is no way to reprogram the game to skip an event, either use an older revision or wait for a fix.