This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
(09-05-2011, 03:54 PM)MarcusTheRocker Wrote:
(09-05-2011, 03:50 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(09-05-2011, 08:44 AM)MarcusTheRocker Wrote:
(09-05-2011, 02:24 AM)unholyjebus Wrote:
(09-04-2011, 09:27 PM)MarcusTheRocker Wrote: I can get the text working OK in the main menu and in-game menus but still no luck with the speech boxes when a character talks or when I open a treasure chest. I am also having issues with the battle menus as they just disappear completely and when an enemy is hit, the damage taken is not present. Also the characters move more slowly on the overworld

I am using build 2287 and have been following the advice from everyone here which has helped a lot so thank you guys.

Attached are some screenshots of the successes and problems I am having:
Pic 1-text in in-game menus (success)
Pic 2-text in battle menus (problem)
Pic 3-speech boxes (problem) (ignore the white boxes around the characters)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The screenshots come from the Interlude mode

Use r2186, might fix the problem. Yet, even when I do use r2186, I still get a problem with damage taken and recieved appearing in about only half of the battles. Is this a commen problem? It happens more frequantly when on the world map as well. It's quite irritating. Dodgy
Tried r2186 with the same settings and now the game won't load! Angry. It looks like I'll just have to make do with the 2287 build for now until a new build is released which erases these problems.

Thanks everyone for testing this out. All the referenced issues are indeed related to the stencil test.
I'm already working on a shader based fix to replace the previous workaround. Wink
Hope you can get it fixed soon. Please can you fix the issues with the battle screens, the invisible text and the slow overworld? Thank you for being part of this awesome community making emulators like this.

Could you please check if the text issues have been fixed in r2323? Thanks! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560 [Encrypted] - by Hykem - 09-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Sound error and sonic stage - by Linkmet95 - 08-26-2013, 05:20 AM