This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
Ok, wait a second here. Cursed?
I'm really not understanding all this JPCSP vs. PPSSPP thing anymore.
Those regressions on SAVEDATA were caused by new findings on a real PSP, but not all games work in the same way. It's not easy to implement new discoveries without report logs and tests. I've only managed to properly implement this after several logs were posted reporting the new error.

Now something a bit off-topic, but necessary to post.
JPCSP was created to prove that you could make a decent emulator for a recent gaming platform using Java. It's original goal was to be a debugging utility for developers, not a full emulator to run games.
There's no point on comparing the two emulators because an emulator coded in C/C++ WILL always be faster than JPCSP. We keep working on this project mostly for investigational purposes.
In a near future it's pretty obvious that PPSSPP will be the emulator of choice for the regular user, but it somewhat saddens me that people will pretty much drop JPCSP and forget all the work that was done to reverse engineer the PSP. Honestly, gid alone managed to find, test and implement features that were pretty much undocumented before.

JPCSP is now the most accurate documentation of the PSP system and if you check PPSSPP's commits you will see a lot of code based on it.
Don't get me wrong, PPSSPP has great coders behind it (Henrik, [UNKNOWN], tpunix, just to state a few), but it's also open-source.
A lot of the fast progress of PPSSPP is due to JPCSP's findings (e.g.: In https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/blob/...Font/PGF.h the comment clearly states that it was ported from JPCSP's PGF, which was reversed by gid).

Since both projects are open-source there's nothing wrong in having both projects exchanging code, but it's not really fair to have people comparing them. At least not in this way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560 [Encrypted] - by Hykem - 04-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Sound error and sonic stage - by Linkmet95 - 08-26-2013, 05:20 AM