This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
psp 
1. I agree, that so far the only workaround for the save issue is making the save on an older build (build 2957 works fine and is mistakenly announced as 2927 on the official website) and taking it to the newer build.
Concerning the saving issue, I have an idea on how the number of builds that needs to be tested may be reduced.
We know the followings:
a. the latest known working build is 2957 (not 2927, I tested it myself);
b. the first known bugged build is 2986;
c. Each newer build is derived from the previous build.
These 3 characteristics put us in the situation on which we are looking inside a sorted array of boolean values (true or false) which we cannot see. Because the array is sorted we can use this algorithm to find the first bugged build faster, if we are lucky, of course.

boolean workingbuild (int build){
boolean tested;
...//returns true if not bugged
return tested;
}

void findbuggedbuild (int startbuild, endbuild){
dif=endbuild-startbuild;
if((dif mod 2)==1) dif--;
neostartbuild=startbuild+(dif/2);
if(workingbuild(neostartbuild)){
findbuggedbuild (neostartbuild, endbuild);}
else{findbuggedbuild (startbuild,neostartbuild);}
}
//mod= modulo

Applying this algorithm, the first build that needs to be tested is 2971. If 2971 is bugged we need to check 2964, otherwise we need to check 2978, and so on.

2. Concerning a potential PC replacement, the new PC will definitely have Windows 8 x64. The game I am playing is this one - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection and it is well known that its emulation makes use of a discontinued product called SonicStage CP. For things to be more concerning, this software contains a driver.
Questions:
a. Has anyone tested JPCSP with audio decoded by SonicStage CP on Windows 8 x64? Did SonicStage's installation performed normally?
I am asking these because I don't want to turn my PC into a test subject.
b.If answers are yes at both questions from 'a' which Java Runtime should I use (32 or 64-bit) and which JPCSP build (32 or 64-bit) for JPCSP to use SonicStage CP?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560 [Encrypted] - by pal1000 - 03-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Sound error and sonic stage - by Linkmet95 - 08-26-2013, 05:20 AM