This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
So the game finally works great (thank you devs!!! <3) takes age to tweak and get everything running okay... but god ALMIGHTY that boss glass-shatter transition pretty much makes the game unplayable Sad Has anyone got any solutions to speed it up, please? Running in software mode is "faster" than not, but it's still unbearably slow -- 2-4fps at best and it can take up to 90s before you get into the fight.

I'm using Build 2821x64 and only have the following options enabled for Video; Use Shaders, Use Geometry Shaders, Enable GE screen saving to Textures. My comp is an i5-2500k (running at 4Ghz) with 8GB-DDR3 and a GTX570. The latest SVNs fixed the text issue and no longer require Stencil/ColourMask options enabled and it's a joy to play now.. I'm getting almost completely full 60 in combat and out-of-combat menus sometimes slow to 40s, but that boss shatter really kills it.

~edit~

For some reason, prolonged play actually starts to IMPROVE the performance during glass shatter. I don't have vertex cache enabled, yet the performance does still get better the longer I play. Now the glass shatter is up to 10fps, even when not in SW mode, so now I no longer have to keep toggling SW mode on and off when getting into a boss fight.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560 [Encrypted] - by sabin1981 - 11-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Sound error and sonic stage - by Linkmet95 - 08-26-2013, 05:20 AM