This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
(09-27-2012, 07:03 AM)gid15 Wrote: This is not implemented efficiently in Jpcsp and probably the reason for the slowdown. Does using the Vertex cache help? You can just try to enable it during this scene.
Vertex cache doesn't help much either on / off, Save GE to textures is the only option that helps, but messing with that option causes some problems. (in this game w/ color mask)

here are some short videos showing various options
Code:
r2740 unmodified -
tested using vertex cache, color mask and Save GE to textures (when you see it go back to the loading screen I restarted jpcsp I just paused the video while i did it)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtwnog_stock_videogames

r2740M modified - with the modified code I posted above (fixed the half screen)
tested using, color mask and Save GE to textures
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtwnve_modified_videogames

btw, the modified way works good, I don't think its correct or the best way to do it, but it's sufficient for this game, I was looking at that function and it was resizing 480x272 to 512x512 and somehow that causes / triggers the half screen effect (when combined with color mask), I still need to check what it does when Color Mask is turned off.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560 [Encrypted] - by hyakki - 09-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Sound error and sonic stage - by Linkmet95 - 08-26-2013, 05:20 AM