This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560
(09-25-2012, 08:28 PM)hyakki Wrote: here is a new profiler.txt, I reset it right before the battle screen and closed the emulator right after
Edit:
I added another profiler from another boss scene it seems to be slightly different instead of _S1_2_88F8DD0 , _S1_2_8A20374 was higher % this time)

(btw when Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory the screen loads 50% faster (still slow though), but turning that on breaks the color mask / stencil test option needed for the text :p)
I've seen that these scenes are mainly using indexed vertices (GU_INDEX_xxx):
Code:
GU_TEXTURE_32BITF|GU_NORMAL_32BITF|GU_VERTEX_32BITF|GU_INDEX_8BIT|GU_TRANSFORM_3D size=32: used 224556 times in PRIM, average 1030.1 per GE list
This is not implemented efficiently in Jpcsp and probably the reason for the slowdown. Does using the Vertex cache help? You can just try to enable it during this scene.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection - ULUS10560 [Encrypted] - by gid15 - 09-27-2012, 07:03 AM
Sound error and sonic stage - by Linkmet95 - 08-26-2013, 05:20 AM