This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Patapon 3 - UCUS98751
(05-22-2011, 07:58 PM)sjrnfl281 Wrote: Yes! i passed freezes after 1st mission!

-----------------------------------------------------
freezing is problem of code cache. it seems java's problem...
but i don't know how to use java. so i using jpcsp launcher.

Run launcher 1.5.0.1 ver, and click ADV, then new page is open. and click 'Advanced' menu in left tab.

and check those two option.
-XX:ResCodeCacheSize
-XX:MaxPermSize
i setting value 128M.
-----------------------------------------------------
Thanks for posting the solution!
I've added these parameters in the default start scripts in r2144. I've used only 64M instead of 128M. Does it help too?
Quote:Thanks for posting the solution!
I've added these parameters in the default start scripts in r2144. I've used only 64M instead of 128M. Does it help too?

well... i don't know because i tested only 128m.
but i monitored jconsole. jconsole's "Code Cache" and "Perm Gen" value is 32m and 55~64m each.
So maybe it's ok used 64m in Code Cache. but in Perm Gen... hummm... i don't know. Sorry T.T

and i passed freezing, but there is another problem. i don't know what it is so i can't solve that problem. soon i will check that one and report on this thread.
Ok. i found another error.

Now i cleared freezing error and i can play it.
but clear stage, return camp, and i choose another stage,
"Cannot find executable" error happen.
This One is not harmful... because after stage, i always save my data.
error occured, then restart jpcsp, load my data, and choose next stage.
but this error is Sooooooo Blooming! "Shit! why do I load every time!?"

i think it's java's error... am i correct?

error message is...
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot find executable
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.jumpCall<RuntimeContext.java: Random numbers>
(05-23-2011, 04:23 AM)sjrnfl281 Wrote: Ok. i found another error.

error message is...
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.jumpCall<RuntimeContext.java: Random numbers>
Hmmm, could you post a complete log file at INFO level. The cause of the error is sometimes before that point...
where can i download this?
download what, the emulator? here. http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

because you're not stupid enough to ask for roms here, right?
(05-23-2011, 08:04 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(05-23-2011, 04:23 AM)sjrnfl281 Wrote: Ok. i found another error.

error message is...
Hmmm, could you post a complete log file at INFO level. The cause of the error is sometimes before that point...

I saved INFO logger but I don't know how to upload notepad file in the thread.... how to upload it?

the logger's last message is...

598271 [user_main] INFO hle.sceUtility - sceUtilitySavedataInitStart Address 0x0997DA64, mode=8(SIZES), gameName=UCAS40318, saveName=_DATA01, fileName=
598406 [sgx-psp-at3-th] INFO hle.sceAtrac3plus - hleAtracSetData atracID=0, buffer=0x08C61DC0, bufferSize=0x2000, fileSize=0x4D14C
598406 [sgx-psp-at3-th] INFO hle - AT3+ data decoded by the external decoder.
598516 [user_main] INFO hle.sceUtility - sceUtilitySavedataInitStart Address 0x0997DA64, mode=0(AUTOLOAD), gameName=UCAS40318, saveName=_DATA01, fileName=SECURE.BIN
600813 [user_main] INFO hle.sceUtility - sceUtilitySavedataInitStart Address 0x0997DA64, mode=1(AUTOSAVE), gameName=UCAS40318, saveName=_DATA01, fileName=SECURE.BIN
604602 [user_main] INFO hle.sceUtility - sceUtilitySavedataInitStart Address 0x099821C4, mode=8(SIZES), gameName=UCAS40318, saveName=_DATA01, fileName=
604881 [user_main] INFO hle.sceUtility - sceUtilitySavedataInitStart Address 0x099821C4, mode=0(AUTOLOAD), gameName=UCAS40318, saveName=_DATA01, fileName=SECURE.BIN
606898 [user_main] INFO hle.sceUtility - sceUtilitySavedataInitStart Address 0x099821C4, mode=1(AUTOSAVE), gameName=UCAS40318, saveName=_DATA01, fileName=SECURE.BIN
612040 [FileThread] WARN hle.ThreadManForUser - hleKernelRegisterCallback(type=1) ready=true
612686 [user_main] INFO hle.IoFileMgrForUser - hleIoOpen filename = ms0:/PSP/GAME/UCAS40318/98D1E9D2.EDAT flags = 40004001 permissions = 00

well, I think from 598271 to 606898 is just saving my data. maybe 612686 is the problem.

....... what's this? I don't know what it is... I'm idiot. T.T
Hi sjrnfl281,

please, could you tell me how exactly you configured both the emu and the launcher?
Cause wathever I try, I can't go through this damn loading screen, else I got a freeze, else the emu gets in pause by itself (this results are true for rev 2110, 2143 and 2144).
So I wondered what is your OS, wich jpcsp rev you did use, how you did configure it, etc...

Thx in advance.

P.S. : to add your log file to your message, you musn't use the "quick reply" box from this page but click on the "Reply" button. On the new page, at the bottom of the text box is a line Called "new attachment". Put your file in it.
(05-24-2011, 04:38 PM)Andhariel Wrote: Hi sjrnfl281,

please, could you tell me how exactly you configured both the emu and the launcher?
Cause wathever I try, I can't go through this damn loading screen, else I got a freeze, else the emu gets in pause by itself (this results are true for rev 2110, 2143 and 2144).
So I wondered what is your OS, wich jpcsp rev you did use, how you did configure it, etc...

Thx in advance.

P.S. : to add your log file to your message, you musn't use the "quick reply" box from this page but click on the "Reply" button. On the new page, at the bottom of the text box is a line Called "new attachment". Put your file in it.

Thank you so much! Now I can add my files.

Here is my jpcsp and launcher setting, write checking option.
- jpcsp - r2142
*General
Save window
Use UMD Browser
*Region
i set lang Korean 'cause i play Korean Ver.
*Video
Use vertex cache
Use shaders
*Audio
nothing.
*Memory
Checked all.
*Media
Checked all except Extract media files.
*Compiler
Use Compiler
*Crypto
Checked all.

- launcher (I think it's more important than jpcsp setting)
In Advanced Option's Advansed tep, Check ResCodeCacheSize and MaxPermSize.
You must set value at least 64~128M.
Now i set Code Cache 256M, but 64M is alright for Patapon 3.
But i don't know least value of MaxPermSize exactly... so I set 128M.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium.
If you want other data like dxdiag, plz reply than I'll post for you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   patapon3INFOlog.txt (Size: 29.3 KB / Downloads: 88)
(05-24-2011, 06:34 PM)sjrnfl281 Wrote: Thank you so much! Now I can add my files.
Thanks! could you also post an INFO log for the part where you managed to pass the freeze (where everybody seems to block excepted you Smile ). I could then compare with the logs from Andhariel...