This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decoding of mono AT3+ using SonicStage
gid15 Wrote:Are the ADX files really sent to himdrender?
I see 2 possibilities:
- the game is decoding the ADX format in software, without using sceAtrac3plus.
- the game is converting the ADX format into RIFF/WAVE format. sceAtrac3plus is only accepting this format, otherwise, the following error is produced: "Not a RIFF/WAVE format! XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX"

My guess is the first alternative.
I've never found info that the PSP can handle the ADX format natively. Or am I wrong?

No, you're right. The .ADX files are normally decoded internally by the "CRI ADX" threads on those games and the result is generally a regular ADPCM output. That's why some games use these files and can still output sound. Wink

gid15 Wrote:And this mono AT3+ can't be played by SonicStage. This is why I'm trying to find out if this is a restriction of SonicStage (which I doubt) or if the generated OMA file is incorrect (mono AT3+ might have a slightly different header).

Unfortunately, it is a restriction of SonicStage (check this thread: http://forums.sonyinsider.com/topic/9585...ith-hi-md/ ). Turns out, Sony assumed no one would generate ATRAC3+ media in MONO mode. Makes sense, but their at3tool allows devs to still do this, so, quite a contradiction here...
Anyway, looks like the only way to have SonicStage playing this, is to render these files as stereo data. Undecided

Messages In This Thread
Decoding of mono AT3+ using SonicStage - by gid15 - 04-16-2011, 03:22 PM
RE: Decoding of mono AT3+ using SonicStage - by Hykem - 04-17-2011, 03:33 PM