This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decoding of mono AT3+ using SonicStage
(04-17-2011, 10:44 PM)Agent69 Wrote: Just full valid custom made atrac3+ mono file with oma header. 48kbps mono. Can be decoded by Sony Sound Forge with atrac import plugin.
Thank you!
As this file can't be played by SonicStage, it confirms this is a SonicStage restriction.

I've found only small pieces of information about the Atrac3plus format, mainly
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=ATRAC3plus
and I'm not sure this will be enough to be able to convert the mono audio to stereo... Sad
Currently, the only working option is to decode the files using JpcspConnector...
I digg some time ago about this format.
Atrac3+ use joint stereo on all bitrates, so i dont see any easy way to mono->stereo convert.
Well, I've collected enough information on the ATRAC3+ codec from reversing the codec and atrac3plus libs in order to verify most of the conclusions on the ATRAC3+ Multimedia Wiki page, so, with some more research, it may be possible to create our own transcoder.
But, of course, this will be a much harder solution... Undecided
hi, thanks for all the information i get here

now i can success in converting the mono oma into wav sound files

however , when i put it in the tmp folder of jpcsp

there is a sound output, but the tone is abnormal

just like passing a filter that make it like that

no matter i convert the oma files into mono or stereo wav files

the output is the same, i doubt jpcsp is programmed to have all sound output in stereo form, but this time a mono sound output is needed for these sound files

thanks
(04-18-2011, 02:39 PM)Hykem Wrote: Well, I've collected enough information on the ATRAC3+ codec from reversing the codec and atrac3plus libs in order to verify most of the conclusions on the ATRAC3+ Multimedia Wiki page, so, with some more research, it may be possible to create our own transcoder.
Isn't the Atrac3+ decoding done in hardware on a PSP???
(04-20-2011, 03:54 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(04-18-2011, 02:39 PM)Hykem Wrote: Well, I've collected enough information on the ATRAC3+ codec from reversing the codec and atrac3plus libs in order to verify most of the conclusions on the ATRAC3+ Multimedia Wiki page, so, with some more research, it may be possible to create our own transcoder.
Isn't the Atrac3+ decoding done in hardware on a PSP???

Yes. What I meant is that you can analyze the way the PSP interacts with it's ME chip by studying it's libs and then verify the results against the hardware research being done by FFMPEG. Wink