This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decoding of mono AT3+ using SonicStage
In r2087, I've added a dedicated message for monaural audio files, which cannot be decoded by SonicStage: "Mono AT3+ data could not be decoded by the external decoder".

It seems that mono AT3+ cannot be decoded by SonicStage. I'm not sure if this is a restriction of SonicStage or if the mono AT3+ has a different OMA format.
I've never found a valid OMA file containing monaural audio. If you find such information or valid OMA samples, this would be very interesting!
gid15,tried with r2087.
still no voice character.

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....2#pid13182
Mobo:Gigabyte (GA-78LMT-USB3) CPU:AMD FX-6300 RAM:G-Skill 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800 VGA:Sapphire R7 265 2GB OS:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
i can confirm it won't worked out ^^, i tried with some games, and the ones that don't played the voices still don't play them
gid15, In games like Hexyz Force, the voice audio is stored in an afs container, the audio is an adx file but when playing the game they get sent to himdrender I don't think they are at3 files though

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think Super Robot Taisen Z Hakaihen use mono AT3+ file.

This is the sample file:

.zip   Atrac-00004204-09246000.zip (Size: 14.25 KB / Downloads: 140)

and mplayer output:
Playing E:\PSP_EMU\Jpcsp\tmp\ULJS00379\Atrac\Atrac-00004204-09246000.oma.
Invalid seek to negative position!
libavformat file format detected.
[oma @ 01633f60] Unsupported codec ATRAC3+!
[oma @ 01633f60] Could not find codec parameters (Audio: [1][0][0][0] / 0x0001, 44100 Hz, 1 channels, 96 kb/s)
[oma @ 01633f60] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
LAVF_header: av_find_stream_info() failed
(04-16-2011, 08:52 PM)hyakki Wrote: gid15, In games like Hexyz Force, the voice audio is stored in an afs container, the audio is an adx file but when playing the game they get sent to himdrender I don't think they are at3 files though
Are the ADX files really sent to himdrender?
I see 2 possibilities:
- the game is decoding the ADX format in software, without using sceAtrac3plus.
- the game is converting the ADX format into RIFF/WAVE format. sceAtrac3plus is only accepting this format, otherwise, the following error is produced: "Not a RIFF/WAVE format! XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX"

My guess is the first alternative.
I've never found info that the PSP can handle the ADX format natively. Or am I wrong?
(04-17-2011, 03:29 AM)gechdcb Wrote: I think Super Robot Taisen Z Hakaihen use mono AT3+ file.

This is the sample file:

and mplayer output:
Playing E:\PSP_EMU\Jpcsp\tmp\ULJS00379\Atrac\Atrac-00004204-09246000.oma.
Invalid seek to negative position!
libavformat file format detected.
[oma @ 01633f60] Unsupported codec ATRAC3+!
[oma @ 01633f60] Could not find codec parameters (Audio: [1][0][0][0] / 0x0001, 44100 Hz, 1 channels, 96 kb/s)
[oma @ 01633f60] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate
LAVF_header: av_find_stream_info() failed
And this mono AT3+ can't be played by SonicStage. This is why I'm trying to find out if this is a restriction of SonicStage (which I doubt) or if the generated OMA file is incorrect (mono AT3+ might have a slightly different header).
gid15 Wrote:Are the ADX files really sent to himdrender?
I see 2 possibilities:
- the game is converting the ADX format into RIFF/WAVE format. sceAtrac3plus is only accepting this format, otherwise, the following error is produced: "Not a RIFF/WAVE format! XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX"

I've never found info that the PSP can handle the ADX format natively. Or am I wrong?

No, you're right. The .ADX files are normally decoded internally by the "CRI ADX" threads on those games and the result is generally a regular ADPCM output. That's why some games use these files and can still output sound. Wink

gid15 Wrote:And this mono AT3+ can't be played by SonicStage. This is why I'm trying to find out if this is a restriction of SonicStage (which I doubt) or if the generated OMA file is incorrect (mono AT3+ might have a slightly different header).

Unfortunately, it is a restriction of SonicStage (check this thread: http://forums.sonyinsider.com/topic/9585...ith-hi-md/ ). Turns out, Sony assumed no one would generate ATRAC3+ media in MONO mode. Makes sense, but their at3tool allows devs to still do this, so, quite a contradiction here...
Anyway, looks like the only way to have SonicStage playing this, is to render these files as stereo data. Undecided
r2089,Megaman Maverick Hunter X,SE and voice still don't works.

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 659.73 KB / Downloads: 109)
.rar   ULUS10068.rar (Size: 30.3 KB / Downloads: 107)
.rar   Atrac.rar (Size: 60.16 KB / Downloads: 100)
CPU: Intel Core I7 3770 OC'ed 4.2GHz
RAM 8GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX 560
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
Currently using Driver 310.90 WHQL
(04-17-2011, 03:33 PM)Hykem Wrote:
gid15 Wrote:Are the ADX files really sent to himdrender?
I see 2 possibilities:

No, you're right. The .ADX files are normally decoded internally by the "CRI ADX" threads on those games and the result is generally a regular ADPCM output. That's why some games use these files and can still output sound. Wink

gid15 Wrote:And this mono AT3+ can't be played by SonicStage. This is why I'm trying to find out if this is a restriction of SonicStage (which I doubt) or if the generated OMA file is incorrect (mono AT3+ might have a slightly different header).

Unfortunately, it is a restriction of SonicStage (check this thread: http://forums.sonyinsider.com/topic/9585...ith-hi-md/ ). Turns out, Sony assumed no one would generate ATRAC3+ media in MONO mode. Makes sense, but their at3tool allows devs to still do this, so, quite a contradiction here...
Anyway, looks like the only way to have SonicStage playing this, is to render these files as stereo data. Undecided

this makes sense, but is it possible to change the mono sound files into stereo data, hope there will be a good news later~Blush
then the emu will become more and more perfect
Just full valid custom made atrac3+ mono file with oma header. 48kbps mono. Can be decoded by Sony Sound Forge with atrac import plugin.

Attached Files
.7z   Atrac-11480x1824603574x12112629.at3.oma.7z (Size: 10.81 KB / Downloads: 143)