This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xuggle 5.4 is available
(04-20-2012, 12:24 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(04-20-2012, 06:24 AM)Itaru Wrote:
(04-14-2012, 08:34 AM)hyakki Wrote: Seems to work in linux , you just need the 17mb libxuggle.so in the linux-x86 folder and the noarch jar file in the lib folder.

I can confirm that Xuggle 5.4 works just fine under Linux both for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. I used Ubuntu 11.10 for testing and you must use Java 6 to get it working. I've had no luck in getting Xuggle 5.4 to work under Linux using Java 7. However, the Windows versions (both 32-bit and 64-bit) run fine with Java 7 using Xuggle 5.4. I don't have a Mac so I can't test on that platform, but I have no reason to believe that it won't work under Mac OS X. With the new Xuggle 5.4, MediaEngine support in JPCSP has finally arrived for the Linux and Mac platforms.

Unfortunately, Atrac audio still needs to be decoded manually for the Linux and Mac platforms if you want to get audio in the movies. Perhaps it's possible to get SonicStage and HiMDRender to work on those platforms using Wine, but I think it's more trouble than it's worth.

Thank you for the testing!
I will upgrade to official builds to Xuggle 5.4 during the next days...
Now available in r2538...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
r2538 - app crashes if i click on Mega Man X in the umd browser and remain there for a few seconds (sometimes sooner). I can launch the game (if quick) but the game crashes right as gameplay is started (after intro movie).

When I updated the emu, I replaced the bin (jar) file, deleted old lib folder and copied over the new one.

Looks like an issue with the new xuggle.
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
you should remove the old lib dir (or rename it) since if you just copy over it then you will have the old xuggle and the new xuggle conflicting. (the new xuggle jar is a different name now so it wont overwrite the old jar )
old lib was deleted and I copied this fresh.
(04-21-2012, 05:57 PM)legend80 Wrote: r2538 - app crashes if i click on Mega Man X in the umd browser and remain there for a few seconds (sometimes sooner). I can launch the game (if quick) but the game crashes right as gameplay is started (after intro movie).

When I updated the emu, I replaced the bin (jar) file, deleted old lib folder and copied over the new one.

Looks like an issue with the new xuggle.

During my testing, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is running fine with no crashes with the new Xuggle. If your game crashes during gameplay but plays the intro movie just fine, then most likely something else other than Xuggle is to blame for the crashes.
I test the game frequently. There's absolutely a problem with the new libs/integration. This game (probably others) is very unstable.

Just tried it again, here's what happened:
1) select game in browser, app crashed after 10 sec.
2) select game in browser, app crashed immediately.
3) selected game (quickly) ran game, crashed at main menu
4) selected game (quickly) ran game, got ingame, played for about 2 minutes, then crash
5 and 6) game crashed as soon as reaching ingame

With r2536, there's zero issues.

log and settings attached. Using Java 6 u24.

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 8.19 KB / Downloads: 121)
.zip   Settings.zip (Size: 1.59 KB / Downloads: 85)
(04-22-2012, 07:51 PM)legend80 Wrote: I test the game frequently. There's absolutely a problem with the new libs/integration. This game (probably others) is very unstable.

Just tried it again, here's what happened:
1) select game in browser, app crashed after 10 sec.
2) select game in browser, app crashed immediately.
3) selected game (quickly) ran game, crashed at main menu
4) selected game (quickly) ran game, got ingame, played for about 2 minutes, then crash
5 and 6) game crashed as soon as reaching ingame

With r2536, there's zero issues.

log and settings attached. Using Java 6 u24.
What kind of "crash"? Is an error displayed? Is the application freezing? I see no particular error in the log file...

Thanks!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I get the windows error message that the application has stopped working.

See the screenshot. It's the lib-xuggle-5.dll crashing.

This time I got into gameplay, died and before I was respawned, crash.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Try update Java 6 Or use java 7.
[Image: 1388267.png]
Do you use the build of jpcsp or the source code ?