This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xuggle 5.4 is available
(05-22-2012, 02:16 PM)gid15 Wrote: I was on vacation Smile and I'm now back.... but I had no time yet to look at all the unread posts.
I was also thinking at reverting to the old Xuggle only for Windows 64bit and keep the new Xuggle for all the other configurations. I have however not yet checked if the change from r2542 is compatible with the old Xuggle and if the build procedures would support such a Jar mix...

Awesome, sounds like a good plan! Hopefully you can make it work! I think it's the right decision since we do have confirmed stability issues with the new lib. I look forward to be able to use new versions of emu with all my games.
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
(05-22-2012, 02:16 PM)gid15 Wrote: I was also thinking at reverting to the old Xuggle only for Windows 64bit and keep the new Xuggle for all the other configurations. I have however not yet checked if the change from r2542 is compatible with the old Xuggle and if the build procedures would support such a Jar mix...
The windows 64 bit has now been reverted to Xuggle 3.4 in r2564. All other builds are still with Xuggle 5.4.

I was not able to test the windows 64bit build. Please, try it.

Edit: new try in r2565, now the manifest file inside Jpcsp.jar is correct. Ready for testing Smile
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(05-31-2012, 03:34 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 02:16 PM)gid15 Wrote: I was also thinking at reverting to the old Xuggle only for Windows 64bit and keep the new Xuggle for all the other configurations. I have however not yet checked if the change from r2542 is compatible with the old Xuggle and if the build procedures would support such a Jar mix...
The windows 64 bit has now been reverted to Xuggle 3.4 in r2564. All other builds are still with Xuggle 5.4.

I was not able to test the windows 64bit build. Please, try it.

Edit: new try in r2565, now the manifest file inside Jpcsp.jar is correct. Ready for testing Smile

Darn, looks like something's not correct. I downloaded r2565 from the site here, deleted my lib directory and the .jar in the bin folder. Copied the new files but now nothing displays when clicking on things in the browser and after loading Mega Man X, the game just hangs. Logs attached.

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 4.71 KB / Downloads: 114)
.txt   log.txt (Size: 12.78 KB / Downloads: 70)
gid15 forgot to revert the IStreamCoder.open() method calls since the new open() method only works in Xuggle 5.4. Reverting to the old open() method will cause deprecation warnings in Xuggle 5.4, but the old open() method still works just fine in Xuggle 5.4 so it's safe to ignore those deprecation warnings for now. Of course, if a future Xuggle version removes the deprecated open() method then it will no longer be possible for JPCSP to support both old and new Xuggle. Hopefully by that time the future Xuggle will actually work well so we can do away with the old Xuggle completely.
Code:
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.xuggle.xuggler.IStreamCoder.open(Lcom/xuggle/xuggler/IMetaData;Lcom/xuggle/xuggler/IMetaData;)I
        at jpcsp.GUI.UmdBrowserPmf.startVideo(UmdBrowserPmf.java:175)
This should now be fixed in r2566, but I could not test it... Could you try again?

Thanks!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(06-02-2012, 09:57 AM)gid15 Wrote: This should now be fixed in r2566, but I could not test it... Could you try again?

Thanks!

The buffer size of 4096 in line 328 of MediaEngine is too small for the old Xuggle so movies end prematurely. It should be set to 32768. This won't break the new Xuggle at all, and in fact I've already suggested that the buffer size be set to 32KB for the new Xuggle in this post: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....6#pid75476
(06-02-2012, 12:13 PM)Itaru Wrote: The buffer size of 4096 in line 328 of MediaEngine is too small for the old Xuggle so movies end prematurely. It should be set to 32768. This won't break the new Xuggle at all, and in fact I've already suggested that the buffer size be set to 32KB for the new Xuggle in this post: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....6#pid75476
I missed your previous post, sorry. I've changed the buffer size to 32Kb for all builds in r2568. Let's see if this is causing problems with Xuggle 5.4...
(06-02-2012, 01:26 PM)gid15 Wrote: I missed your previous post, sorry. I've changed the buffer size to 32Kb for all builds in r2568. Let's see if this is causing problems with Xuggle 5.4...

It's working fine now, thanks! Hopefully legend80 and thewildpendulum are happy now. Smile

Oh, and I've been using 32KB buffer size with Xuggle 5.4 for a while now and have yet to notice any problems.
(06-02-2012, 02:29 PM)Itaru Wrote:
(06-02-2012, 01:26 PM)gid15 Wrote: I missed your previous post, sorry. I've changed the buffer size to 32Kb for all builds in r2568. Let's see if this is causing problems with Xuggle 5.4...

It's working fine now, thanks! Hopefully legend80 and thewildpendulum are happy now. Smile

Oh, and I've been using 32KB buffer size with Xuggle 5.4 for a while now and have yet to notice any problems.

I am happy now and so to will everyone else with a more stable JPCSP. Tongue

Glad to report everything is back to normal and solid as a rock. Happy we got all this straightened out in the end! Thanks for all the attention and hard work on this everybody! Relieved it's finally over and we can move on now. Smile
Could someone check if the 64-bit stability issues are now fixed in a newer Xuggle release?
The old Xuggle has problems with latest sceMp3 implementation...