This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xuggle 5.4 is available
(10-24-2012, 05:02 AM)hyakki Wrote: Has anyone else tested? I'm sure gid15 would like to know if the crash issue is still present for some users.
Another very quick way to test is on the buildbot get both the 32bit and 64bit builds (luckily the 64bit build still has the latest xuggle 5 64bit dll bundled)
1. First extract the 64bit build to the harddrive somewhere.
2. Then from the 32bit build just extract 'bin/jpcsp.jar' from the archive and replace the 64bit 'bin/jpcsp.jar' that you extracted on your hard drive (do not replace any other files), this should auto enable the use of xuggle 5 under 64bit.
3. run start-windows-amd64.bat or the launcher under 64bit and play your games like normal and check if videos are working or if you are getting any crashes.

(10-24-2012, 07:27 AM)legend80 Wrote: Their stuff is still broken. I replaced the jar file, deleted the previous lib dir, copied one from archive and started JPCSP. It crashed on me as soon as I clicked on MegaManX in the UMD browser. The second time I had to switch between another title and MMX a couple times, but it still crashed....just as unstable as before. Sorry. Undecided

I wonder if digiadventures has any crashes in the umd browser /w xuggle 5.4 64b he has the same processor as you, that would let us know if its avx related.
(10-24-2012, 05:02 AM)hyakki Wrote: Thanks for testing.
Xuggle is used for the media engine, so video playback is the simplest way to test, but xuggle does also process certain types of audio too like normal at3, mp3 ..etc, so its possible crash on other areas.
Does the crimson gem saga and tatic ogre crash happen with the normal builds? I tried to load Crimson gem saga and tactic ogre in r2806 and but both loaded ok on my end with xuggle 5, so I'm curious if it's xuggle 5 or just some other bug. (since the 10 other games worked ok )

btw:
when you said crash do you mean the 'windows error reporting' kind of crashes where the windows dialog pops up ?
for example

(not invalid memory or pause type errors in the emulator.)

They only crash when replacing .jar files. If they were crashing always I would write that and post a log in their threads Smile
And yes,it is windows error reporting crash just like other users reported.
As soon as I return 64 bit jar everything is ok.
Other games didnt crash because this issue,like I said,is related to specific games and video/audio playback in those games,not generally video/audio playback in any games.
You can see that legend is also always mentioning specific game,in his case megaman.

(10-24-2012, 07:46 AM)hyakki Wrote: I wonder if digiadventures has any crashes in the umd browser /w xuggle 5.4 64b he has the same processor as you, that would let us know if its avx related.

No crashes in umd browser here,BUT tactics ogre and crimson gem saga only have picture not video in description.
Legend mentioned crashes in umd browser happen only if there is video.
I dont have megaman to test...
BTW I can confirm there is no need to delete any files as 32 bit will use 5.4 version,if there is no 5.4 version present it will just crash when trying to run jpcsp
Now that I have a brand new Ultrabook with an Ivy Bridge CPU that supports AVX and meets the requirements that I've listed in http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....1#pid75771 I can personally test my hypothesis. The crash only happens when playing regular Atrac3 audio through Xuggler 5.4 64-bit. Video files shouldn't be affected.

The test that I performed is just playing the Atrac3 audio files supplied by legend80 in http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....5#pid73175 using the demo Xuggler audio player mentioned by gid15 in http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....5#pid73065 and playing each file 10 times. When playing the SND0(3rd).AT3 file (music that plays in the UMD Browser when selecting The Third Birthday), it crashed 4 times out of 10. When playing the SND0(mega).AT3 file (music that plays in the UMD Browser when selecting Mega Man Maverick Hunter X), it crashed 3 times out of 10. When I tried playing those files the same way on my desktop PC which has an older generation Core i7 CPU without AVX support, both files play 10 times each without any crashes at all.

So, the problem is definitely with the Xuggler 5.4 64-bit DLL file. Since I wasn't even using JPCSP during the test, these crashes are definitely not JPCSP's fault and therefore there's nothing JPCSP can do about it in its code to avoid the crash other than not using the Xuggler 5.4 64-bit library. When using the 64-bit Xuggler 5.4, JPCSP has roughly a 1 in 3 chance of crashing when playing regular Atrac3 audio. Now where the heck is the new version of Xuggler? Tongue
If anyone is still interested in testing I made a custom 64bit build here that could solve the crash problem on second and third gen I7/3/5 processors.
See the thread here for more info.
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=93353

Thanks
Yup, hyakki's custom Xuggle build solves the crash problem with Atrac3 playback. Thanks hyakki!
When I run JPCSP in a x64 build(but not in x86) I get: "no xuggle-ferry in java.library.path" in the console(even though the game still runs,), should I upgrade xuggle as per this thread, or I just ignore it?
This has already been implemented in the latest Jpcsp builds it's no longer required to test.
no xuggle-ferry in java.library.path could be caused by numerous things (for example if you modified the bat file or have conflicting xuggle builds installed, or you are missing the lib/windows-amd64 folder)
Xuggle 5.4 can capture audio in window?