This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Video card settings should I use with JPCSP and which config settings go faster?
(04-25-2011, 06:09 AM)Rion Wrote:
Quote: those filterings don't interfere in the game's speed. I tested this affirmation myself with PCSX2.
1.Lolwut. I just tried to run KH2 on PCSX2. 0aa — fullspeed(60fps), x16aa — 15-20fps. Feel the difference. Anti-aliasing is one of the most resource-intensive processes.
2.Jpcsp differs greatly from Pcsx2. Even if your video card more powerful than mine, it dont give you fullspeed in jpcsp, becouse jpcsp writen in java. Java is slow programming environment. For high fps you need hi-end cpu like Core i5/7.

Weird, in my machine it doesn't make difference. Pay attention when you select software over hardware in the configuration. If you manage to send all the image processing to the hardware, there won't be a FPS loss.

Despite all this, I am using Maetel's preset configuration for PCSX2, running games at 1280x768 16xaa.
I use JPCSP to play Soulcalibur4 & FF Disidia but game run too slow.
Maybe JPCSP use VGA software driver.
Is there some way to use VGA hardware card to play ?
(04-15-2011, 05:40 PM)chessplayerjames Wrote: Okay, I have JPCSP v0.6 1975 32-bit (Windows 64 bit OS though). I am currently playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, and a lot of the times, it either slows way down or it just stops altogether, but it didn't used to do it so often. Here are my computer specs: Windows 64-bit Ultimate, Dual core intel processor @2.5ghz per core, 4gbs ddr2 RAM, 500gb HD, 500mb video card (nVidia GeForce 9300 GS series) and onboard sound, if that makes any difference. I want to adjust my settings so that JPCSP can go its fastest. And one other thing, I set JPCSP to go into 640x480 resolution whenever I start it, so that it will be bigger, without actually changing the zoom size (changing zoom size doesn't work at all -_-). Is it possible that will slow down the emulator? And if it does, if I changed it for a larger (smaller JPCSP) resolution, would that make it go faster? Here are the options I have selected in JPCSP:

General: Save window positions on exit.
Video: No options selected.
Audio: No options selected.
Memory: Ignore invalid memory access.
Media: Use media engine; Decode audio files with Sonic Stage
Compiler: Use Compiler; Maximum Method size...50

Okay, I want to speed up JPCSP, without disabling audio, because auido rocks. Ever watched a movie without sound? Kind of the same thing, so I don't want that. By the way, will making the maximum method size larger or smaller be faster?

Okay, I am going to list my video card setting here:

Anisotropic filtering: Off
Antialiasing - Gamma correction: Off
Antialiasing - Mode: Off
Antialiasing - Setting: None
Antialiasing - Transparency: Off
Maximum pre-rendered frams: 0
Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration: Single display
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization: On
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias: Allow
Texture filtering - Quality: High performance
Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization: On
Threaded optimization: Auto (BTW, does JPCSP support multi-core?)
Triple buffering: Off
Vertical sync: Force off

Okay, remember, I want performance over quality. I don't care if I lose a few pixels and somebodys face looks like they had a bad plastic surgery, I just want to be able to play the game as fast as my computer will allow. However, I do want to keep sound. Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry for all of the post, cause its really long. Thank you makers of JPCSP, I like it a lot.

BTW, I noticed using CW cheat slows down the game. Is there anyway to bypass that or no?

Thanks again.

thank you so much for this setting, my fps and average fps is freaking high and its like im playing a real psp. btw im playing Gundam Vs Gundam Next Plus and i love your video card setting.
here's my video
sorry if my desc does't have link to your thread coz the youtube won't allow me to post links.