This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasing resolution results in black and full screen.
Hi, I'm using the latest JPCSP as of today via Orphis.
However it's not limited to just this version, pretty much any version I've tried, when I try to increase the resolution, it will just result in making JPCSP launch in full screen with a black screen, and me unable to do anything.

Honestly can't see what I'm doing wrong.

As a work around I tried using the launcher to launch UMD's upon making the resolution setting, I can hear the game but can't see anything.

I'm on a 1920x1080 23" monitor, with a GTX680 2GB and an i5 2500k and 16GB RAM, so I'm kinda confused.

Help is appreciated.
Changing the resolution in Jpcsp just switches the desktop resolution, that feature is still kind-of buggy, I would keep that setting at Native and manually change the desktop resolution if needed.
(04-09-2012, 10:41 AM)hyakki Wrote: Changing the resolution in Jpcsp just switches the desktop resolution, that feature is still kind-of buggy, I would keep that setting at Native and manually change the desktop resolution if needed.

So, there's no internal resolution like there is in PCSX2, as that's what I assumed the settings was.

Unless I'm doing it wrong?

Just upping AA I found to look, meh.

saving ge to textures instead of memory and using the real resolution switcher (options>video>resize) increases the resolution. the one in configuration>display is bugged.
Resize is only there if fullscreen is off unfortunately.

But using "Save GE to textures" in fullscreen (w/native res. set in gfx options), the internal res appears to match that of the fullscreen res (1920x1080 in my case).

They need to fix the resolution thing once and for all though - "Save GE to textures" is not perfect. In 3rd Birthday, the res turns back to low-def if you pause the game. It can cause issues and using the option probably results in less accurate emulation (at least that's how it is with Dolphin I believe).

You can just use "Only GE gfx" also and you'll get some things up-resed like menus, etc..
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10