This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSx86 v0.31 Released
DS 
DSx86 is a PC emulator for Nintendo DS. It's purpose is to allow you to run old DOS games on your Nintendo DS game console.

http://dsx86.patrickaalto.com/

Changes :
Quote:This is mostly a small bug fix version, as the 0.30 version had a couple of annoying bugs caused by the new HIMEM.SYS emulation. I also added the Smooth scaling option to some new graphics modes. The main changes in this version are the following:

Implemented Page Fault handling to protected mode RETF opcode. This allows the start up of Windows Setup from within Windows 3.00a, and fixes some other Windows programs as well.
Implemented a couple of new XMS INT calls, to allow Commander Keen 4 to run again. The same problem occurred in some other games as well.
Implemented Mode-X Smooth scaling for 320x200 and 320x240 resolutions. This is not very well tested, and the other Mode-X resolutions (320x400, 32x480, 360x240 etc) will not work yet.
Implemented preliminary Smooth scaling for EGA 320x200 mode. Note that the smooth vertical panning is not supported in the Smooth scaling mode yet, so you will get jerky horizontal motion in games that use that.

Thanks for the bug reports for 0.30 that brought the first two problems to my attention! I hope this version will run the Windows programs better, and does not cause so many problems in the games that used to run in the previous versions.
[Image: 1913820.png]