This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any optimization guide around?
Hey, I was looking for an optimization guide in the FAQ but I couldn't find it. Am I just missing it? o: I seriously can't figure the purpose of all the hacks/settings in this emulator so I'm kinda lost there.
Each game needs different settings for them to run faster. Your going to have to actually READ the tread to find the settings. I know it hard but life isn't suppose to be easy. Tip: Most games run fast with just Only GE graphics and GE Textures under the video tab.
One more time!
Dude, seriously, what the hell? I asked where I could find material to read, then how did you assume it's hard for me to read? Did I say life is easy? What's going on?

I assumed there are basic, general settings for ALL games to increase optimization, and from there each game would require it's own settings to run properly. Since I looked around and didn't see any thread with, let's say "international" settings, I made this thread asking if such a guide exists (or I can only use the game-specific topics), I don't get what's with the attitude. You could just not answer if it bothers you so much.

I didn't even ask you for information, it was virtually just a yes/no question, asking if there's a thread that says this sentence:
Quote:Most games run fast with just Only GE graphics and GE Textures under the video tab.
But thanks for giving me the whole answer, combined with you judging me for being too lazy to read just because you misread/misunderstood what I said.
Its all about trial and error because settings don't work the same with all computers
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
(04-11-2011, 09:41 PM)Schwimmer Wrote: I assumed there are basic, general settings for ALL games to increase optimization, and from there each game would require it's own settings to run properly. Since I looked around and didn't see any thread with, let's say "international" settings, I made this thread asking if such a guide exists (or I can only use the game-specific topics), I don't get what's with the attitude. You could just not answer if it bothers you so much.
Oh then okay. How about this. Their have been people here longer then you and you wonder why there is no international settings for each game. There is none. If you actually read some of the treads for the games you have then you would find their different for each game. That is why I think your where lazy and didn't bother to read them. If you had you might have come to that conclusion. If you did read them and still posted this then I'm not sorry at all but if you didn't then my bad.
One more time!
(04-11-2011, 10:15 PM)beanclr Wrote:
(04-11-2011, 09:41 PM)Schwimmer Wrote: I assumed there are basic, general settings for ALL games to increase optimization, and from there each game would require it's own settings to run properly. Since I looked around and didn't see any thread with, let's say "international" settings, I made this thread asking if such a guide exists (or I can only use the game-specific topics), I don't get what's with the attitude. You could just not answer if it bothers you so much.
Oh then okay. How about this. Their have been people here longer then you and you wonder why there is no international settings for each game. There is none. If you actually read some of the treads for the games you have then you would find their different for each game. That is why I think your where lazy and didn't bother to read them. If you had you might have come to that conclusion. If you did read them and still posted this then I'm not sorry at all but if you didn't then my bad.
I've seen some game-specific threads, but, take Sonic Rivals 2 for example; the thread says to enable 3 of the settings, but doesn't mention anything about the rest. In other emulators, there are sometimes general settings to determine whether the emulator will go for better performance or better compatibility, and then there are game-specific settings which may slow down or speed up certain games (or, alternatively, make a certain game playable or break a game). So I wanted to make sure the other settings shouldn't be touched if a game-specific thread doesn't mention them. If you understood what I just said then you'd figure it's not working like other forums here, so I'm better off asking first.
Okay then. I'm sorry. I just had to go through the work of reading treads of games I didn't have and ones I did to understand settings. Also using the search bar. I just forget sometimes people want it the easier way. Not a bad thing I guess.
One more time!
Its a little to early for any kind of optimization guides since options are constantly being added / removed so it would just be a pain to update thats why I don't post my settings in any of my posts anymore (but if you really wanted to see the settings you could look in the log), besides for that alot of options are really trial and error some might speed up the game but break the movies (for example Hexyz Force, if you enable Only GE it feels faster but all the movies will be black), some options might cause memory leaks (like vertex cache)

once the release build comes out there will be docs ..etc right now its in testing phase.