This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we expect any boost on speed soon?
The emulator is really good and updates often but most games are slow. Will it take a long time to get speed ups?
O_O I thought most of the games that can play are fast. You just need a really good computer to play it in full speed.
One more time!
(04-10-2011, 04:18 PM)beanclr Wrote: O_O I thought most of the games that can play are fast. You just need a really good computer to play it in full speed.

My thoughts exactly.

@noobody: I don't see any more room for another significant speed jump. Most of the games are already full speed with the right PC.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(04-10-2011, 07:17 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(04-10-2011, 04:18 PM)beanclr Wrote: O_O I thought most of the games that can play are fast. You just need a really good computer to play it in full speed.

My thoughts exactly.

@noobody: I don't see any more room for another significant speed jump. Most of the games are already full speed with the right PC.

You don't even need a really good PC I'm sure with a $50 video card and a $70 processor you should be able to play most games full speed. I have a $110 Processor but a onboard GPU thats probably valued at $10 and i can get most games to run at 70% speed and on parts 100%.

I doubt i need to do to big of a GPU update to play at full speed.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
It wouldn't hurt to add some more speed to the emulator. Seems kinda ridiculous to have a PSP emulator that requires a beefed up computer to run games at full speed.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(04-10-2011, 10:46 PM)Kai3213 Wrote: It wouldn't hurt to add some more speed to the emulator. Seems kinda ridiculous to have a PSP emulator that requires a beefed up computer to run games at full speed.

Yea but we prefer compatibility over needing a gaming computer to play games Smile
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
Speed is usually second in priority when it comes to WIP emulators, typically compatibility comes first. JPCSP speed will most likely improve in the future, but I expect it won't be very soon.
See http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....68#pid9468
Performance improvement is a continuous process.
I just wanna through this out there. Everyone say compatablity is first. Old emulators use to always aim for speed over compatable because who cares if it aims for 100% compatable on less than 10% of the pcs on the markert? 60% comaptablity for 100% of people is way better.
(04-19-2011, 06:37 AM)Clessy Wrote: I just wanna through this out there. Everyone say compatablity is first. Old emulators use to always aim for speed over compatable because who cares if it aims for 100% compatable on less than 10% of the pcs on the markert? 60% comaptablity for 100% of people is way better.
But we don't even have 60 percent yet. Shouldn't it a least have that before we worry about speed. If you combine all the games in playable with all the other games in the other treads you would see that mega issue. Not everyone plays the same games on their psp so having most of the games work and not just the few makes everyone happy.
One more time!