This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the least bit normal?
Hi, so I'm new to this forum and to JPCSP. Anyway, I just downloaded it earlier and followed the ReadMe that came with it. I tried playing it but it showed weirdly. The game wasn't in the box, instead it showed on the upper left corner of my screen. The game I was trying to play was Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley. I was using JPCSP-2061-windows. My computer is a 32-bit Windows Vista. I did not install the Sonic-thing that is needed for audio..and that's all I can think of telling you.

Help please?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I had that problem too until I upgraded my graphic card. Yes you need sonic and xuggler. Both have to be 32 bit.
One more time!
Thanks. I'll go and try that.
(04-09-2011, 03:32 AM)beanclr Wrote: I had that problem too until I upgraded my graphic card. Yes you need sonic and xuggler. Both have to be 32 bit.

No, he does not need Xuggler! It is already provided with the latest revisions. If you already installed Xuggler uninstall it.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
.....As it turns out I didn't have it installed. I swear I did at one point. =O My bad.
One more time!
Since I'm not going to upgrade my graphics card in a few more days, I was wondering.

I was randomly searching through some things involving JPCSP trying to find a solution to make it run a tad bit faster. I came across the system requirements and I got curious. A website said that I needed OpenGL 2.0 or up. My Vista has OpenGL 1.5. Does that cause any sort of problems or so? How do I upgrade it?
(04-09-2011, 06:52 AM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(04-09-2011, 03:32 AM)beanclr Wrote: I had that problem too until I upgraded my graphic card. Yes you need sonic and xuggler. Both have to be 32 bit.

No, he does not need Xuggler! It is already provided with the latest revisions. If you already installed Xuggler uninstall it.

Why, Xuggler breaks something in the new revs, i still have it installed.
CPU: Intel Core I7 3770 OC'ed 4.2GHz
RAM 8GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX 560
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
Currently using Driver 310.90 WHQL
(04-10-2011, 12:15 AM)Streetwreck Wrote: Since I'm not going to upgrade my graphics card in a few more days, I was wondering.

I was randomly searching through some things involving JPCSP trying to find a solution to make it run a tad bit faster. I came across the system requirements and I got curious. A website said that I needed OpenGL 2.0 or up. My Vista has OpenGL 1.5. Does that cause any sort of problems or so? How do I upgrade it?
I think OpenGL is built into the card. The only way to fix it is getting a new one. I got a ati for 60$ and its great for games that are graphic heavy. My pc can't play games like that anyway so it wasn't that big a deal for me. If you can afford navidia then get it without second guessing. It has the least amount of problems with jpcsp.
One more time!
(04-10-2011, 12:31 AM)beanclr Wrote:
(04-10-2011, 12:15 AM)Streetwreck Wrote: Since I'm not going to upgrade my graphics card in a few more days, I was wondering.

I think OpenGL is built into the card. The only way to fix it is getting a new one. I got a ati for 60$ and its great for games that are graphic heavy. My pc can't play games like that anyway so it wasn't that big a deal for me. If you can afford navidia then get it without second guessing. It has the least amount of problems with jpcsp.

If you want a decent OpenGL for sure then do at least a Nvidia Geforce 8 series(8000-8999)
Most if not all of that series has at least opengl 3.3 along with all of the supports that series 7 has missed. idk about Intel GPU(I don't suggest them for gaming) or ATI GPUs(I hear they are very difficult)
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
Well the 60$ I got was a HD 4350. It has 4.0 support. Thats why I said go for that if your tight on cash.
One more time!