This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game is in black and white and questions about Media Engine
I was playing Patapon 2 and everything seems generally fine except that the whole game is in black and white (or greyscale?). And of course I know the game isn't supposed to be like that. I can't see the speech bubbles too, because they're either entirely black or white.

I'm new to this emulator and I've heard a lot about Media Engine solving problems, so what is this thing and how do I use it? I've googled and installed whatever I've found.

Whenever I enable Media Engine and SonicStage, I would be unable to load the game. I'm using build 2054 and the 64 bit version because the other version never manages to run.

Would someone be so kind as to explain to me, especially about the Media Engine part? Thanks in advance.
If your playing on Ati card you have to put it on balance to keep it in color. The whole game seems to run faster for me when on balance then high performance.
One more time!
While beanclr's answer is, at best, confusing (and at worst completely misleading), he is correct. The exact fix is to disable Catalyst AI in the Catalyst Control Center (or at least, that's the one changed that fixed the issue for me, and it breaks it again when I turn it back on). You're better off that way anyway, since Catalyst AI can cause issues of all kinds in a lot of games. This simple change also fixed a lot of issues I was having with disappearing UI elements and depth artefacts or transparency errors in both Persona 1 and Persona 3 Portable. Go figure.
If you right click on the Catalyst icon in task bar you can find the stander settings option. Thought everyone new about that so I didn't say how to find it.
One more time!
What was confusing was not how to find the Standard Settings option, but rather the fact that you were even referring to a video drivers option. Your sentence construction left the subject unclear ("you have to put it", without clarifying what "it" referred to), so one could have very easily assumed you were talking about the game itself (patapon 2), the emulator (jpcsp), or more likely the Media Engine since that was the last element of Ricket's post and apparently the main point/question of the post. However, there is no such option in any of those three, so if I hadn't faced and resolved that same issue earlier today I would never have figured out what you were talking about.

Come to think of it though, this is a fairly simple fix for many issues that a lot of people could have. Maybe it should be made clearer / better advertised in JPCSP usage guides?
Thank you, it's working much better now! Not everything can be seen but at least I have colors now and I can read speech bubbles. Hm but I'd still like to know about Media Engine though.

Also, what do all the options in the video tab means? Apparently before I disabled Catalyst AI there's color when I enabled GE.
media engine doesn't work on 64 bit systems yet as far as i know.

you'd have to install 32 bit java and use 32 bit emulator to be able to use it.
(04-07-2011, 11:30 AM)serio Wrote: media engine doesn't work on 64 bit systems yet as far as i know.

you'd have to install 32 bit java and use 32 bit emulator to be able to use it.

That's right. It's because there is no 64-bit Xuggler available. Media engine relies on that.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Oh no. But all the 32 bit builds can't work on my computer for some reason.
maybe you installed a 64 bit version of java.