This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - ULUS10482
(10-14-2012, 03:18 PM)RyanFialcowitz Wrote:
(10-14-2012, 11:11 AM)digiadventures Wrote: You need fonts which come with psp,there are not distributed with jpcsp. This is not the only game which needs them
There are no any settings to change,you just copy fonts to jpcsp "flash0" folder replacing the ones which came with jpcsp
I am not sure if there is any legal way to get them if you dont own the psp,even if a friend borrows you one,I am not sure its legal for you to get them...

Thank you for the information.

(10-14-2012, 01:56 PM)virgil94 Wrote: We don't support piracy here

Semantics, really. If you think everyone on your forum has both game & hardware- you're kidding yourself. Which is of course beside the point that the whole point of an emulator is to NOT play the games on their original hardware. Lastly, I'm really wondering how someone pirates a console- portable or otherwise and even if that was piracy you'd be the distributor!

Edit
I managed to get my broken Playstation Portable working long enough to pull the fonts off of it and everything looks good now, thanks for the help.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

Dude,if you want to get help just buy your games and have your psp.Is it that hard to understand?Besides I play this emu for having a bigger screen and use the keyboard.
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(10-14-2012, 04:58 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Dude,if you want to get help just buy your games and have your psp.Is it that hard to understand?Besides I play this emu for having a bigger screen and use the keyboard.

1.) I did get help, despite your protestations.

2.) As for owning a Playstation Portable & Lunar Silver Star Harmony- I direct you to my post which you QUOTED which addressed your initial concern.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
Well then I apologyze for this misunderstanding,I'm sorry for that.Next time I'll pay more attention,this happens after a long day at work
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(10-14-2012, 05:15 PM)serio Wrote: btw. admitting to breaking the rules is already walking the thin line in here (pretty often people get banned for admitting they pirated something very quickly), so getting cocky with lines like your 1) doesn't help your cause.

just admit it that you're wrong and drop the issue, stop making excuses for your crimes as if it's you who's in the right here.

1.) Which rule did I break- I pirated nothing. Whereas you earlier post clearly advocated piracy. . .

2.) Stating facts is not "getting cocky". . .

3.) I'm not wrong nor am I making excuses.

4.) I have not committed any "crimes", seriously. . .

(10-14-2012, 05:15 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Well then I apologyze for this misunderstanding,I'm sorry for that.Next time I'll pay more attention,this happens after a long day at work

No harm done, just glad the issue got resolved.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
my post advocated no such thing. it only said to keep your ideas to yourself if they're breaking the rules. we don't want to hear about what you think of piracy or any excuses you might have to justify it, nor support them.

stuff like this:
Quote:If you think everyone on your forum has both game & hardware- you're kidding yourself. Which is of course beside the point that the whole point of an emulator is to NOT play the games on their original hardware.
is an excuse many pirates use, and has nothing to do with anything.

i also assumed that you did pirate stuff, since you said you don't have a psp, and you can't rip any psp games or fonts without owning one. using a friend's psp to do that is also illegal, it especially goes for fonts. didn't see the edit with broken psp, since the page changed and my post was started before your edit too.

btw. i deleted that other post around a minute or 2 after i posted it, since i realized the stuff above (misunderstanding etc) myself. didn't think you'd catch it, lol
Saying no one cares if you pirate the game and/or emulator (Although I still fail to see how an emulator can be pirated.) is advocating piracy in my mind. I honestly couldn't care less about your opinion on the matter but you might want to figure out which stance you want to take on the subject.

I highly doubt any court in the world or any law enforcement official will care if I use a friend's Playstation Portable or my own to aquire fonts. I further don't see how using a friend's unit makes it MORE illegal.

Regardless, this is just becoming an argument unrelated to the purpose of this thread- so let's just drop it, okay?

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
Quote:Saying no one cares if you pirate the game and/or emulator (Although I still fail to see how an emulator can be pirated.)
i meant, we won't be probing you to see if you pirated anything or not. we'll just act on it if you admit to having pirated stuff, either openly or through a screw up that gives you away (like admitting to possession of games without owning a psp, or the ever-present pegasus loader).

maybe i didn't make myself clear enough since english isn't my primary language. i tend to edit my posts a lot since i keep using wrong syntax and wording out of habit.

the fonts are copyrighted just as games are. you're only allowed to use your own ones, just like you're only legally allowed to play games you bought.

(10-14-2012, 10:36 PM)serio Wrote: i meant, we won't be probing you to see if you pirated anything or not. we'll just act on it if you admit to having pirated stuff, either openly or through a screw up that gives you away.

maybe i didn't make myself clear enough since english isn't my primary language. i tend to edit my posts a lot since i keep using wrong syntax and wording out of habit.

the fonts are copyrighted just as games are. you're only allowed to use your own ones, just like you're only legally allowed to play games you bought.

Like I said I highly doubt anyone relevant cares where you get fonts from. If they were going to care about anything they would care about the existence of the emulator itself- which alongside the software piracy diminishes their profits.

But my problem has been solved so I'll let myself out.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

i guess so, it's all a big misunderstanding anyway, since i didn't see your edit about the broken psp. lol

i'll probably go and clean up this thread later, to bring it back on track.
I wouldn't go as far saying this game is half-playable anymore.
Except for text and cutscenes getting cutoff it's a pretty solid run and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Thanks again for a wonderful emulator!

[Image: 2my2es6.png]
[Image: 2h3udcx.png]
[Image: 332ndwh.png]
[Image: cozna.png]
[Image: 23sb0vs.png]
[Image: 33jjxwn.png]

And..............

[Image: 2624c1z.png]

EDIT:

I have played around with my save files and haven't found anything serious other then the obvious already stated.
r2893 didn't fix the text or cutscenes that got cut but it was a minor improvement to emulation over all.
I feeling really confident to be able to beat this game on current revision and future ones.