This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - ULUS10482
r2750
Since this game had problems with big fonts I decided to make another log with 'hle.sceFont' debug while I have it enabled Smile

Also this is another game where the Intro movie plays at 60fps (way too fast) causing it to flicker and movie finishes before the audio (cutting off the audio) Smile

But doing the nvidia adaptive vsync trick (or using a program like dxtroy to lock game at 30fps) fixes the movie.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Log_r2750(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 276.48 KB / Downloads: 91)
Code:
6827     Main thread     DEBUG     hle.sceFont     sceFontFindOptimumFont fontLibHandle=0x8B3C800, fontStyle=fontH 0.000000, fontV 0.000000, fontHRes 0.000000, fontVRes 0.000000, fontWeight 0.000000, fontFamily 1, fontStyle 5, fontStyleSub 0, fontLanguage 2, fontRegion 0, fontCountry 0, fontName '', fontFileName '', fontAttributes 0, fontExpire 0, errorCodePtr=0x09B5BA1C
6828     Main thread     DEBUG     hle.sceFont     sceFontFindOptimumFont found font at index 5: Font[handle=0x0, 'ltn4.pgf' - 'FTT-NewRodin Pro Latin']
6831     Main thread     DEBUG     hle.sceFont     sceFontOpen fontLibHandle=0x8B3C800, index=0x5, mode=0x1, errorCodePtr=0x09B5BA1C
6831     Main thread     DEBUG     hle.sceFont     Opening 'FTT-NewRodin Pro Latin' - 'Bold', font=Font[handle=0x8B3C804, 'ltn4.pgf' - 'FTT-NewRodin Pro Latin']
It looks like this game is opening only one font. The problem is probably related to the implementation of sceFontFindOptimumFont which doesn't return the same result as on a PSP. I will have to add tests for it in the Test Font application.

Could you try to modify the code of sceFontFindOptimumFont to always return 13 (this is the other font matching the given fontFamily=1 and fontStyle=5) and test if the size is now correct?

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
yep making sceFontFindOptimumFont always 13 did the trick, now it looks just like the psp with that change Smile

(09-30-2012, 08:20 AM)hyakki Wrote: yep making sceFontFindOptimumFont always 13 did the trick, now it looks just like the psp with that change Smile
Great! Now, I know exactly what I have to test and improve Smile
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
hyakki, how can I configure my jpcsp to show the font size the same as yours? I mean, where can I find that sceFontFindOptimumFont to set it to 13?

Thank you.
That setting if i'm not mistaken is in the jpcsp code itself and isn't changeable by us. Your best bet would be to give gid15 some time to figure it out and wait for a new build. Or you could try what that other person suggested.

(08-30-2012, 04:51 PM)sum2012 Wrote: I modify ok Big Grin
opening (still some cannot see font)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/openinga.png/
ingame (Not total test)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/ingameiw.png/
In Rev 2711 in
jpcsp\src\jpcsp\HLE\modules150\sceFont.java
Change Debug.Font.setDebugCharWidth(8);
to Debug.Font.setDebugCharWidth(5);
Use Debug font to play.
Or you can download bellow(default I have set to use debug font)
http://www.mediafire.com/?d82t82s17c82var
(08-28-2012, 03:48 PM)GGPlay Wrote: There is no fix.
Try rev 2758
r2763 now returns the correct font size in this game.
nice work gid15 Smile

.zip   Log_r2763(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 126.08 KB / Downloads: 102)
Woo finally I can play this now, I'll go ahead and dive into it for a while.
It's way better but it still cuts the longer lines. Undecided

Or maybe I got my config wrong?

Edit:

Ok, why are my SS screwed up? lol