This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes - ULJS00343
I am using Jpcsp x86 r2051 on Windows 7 x64.
First off, this game cannot load its save it hangs when it tries to load data with or without the "Handle savedata in CRYPTO mode" option .
See logwithsave.html attachment.
Its behavior here: http://www.4shared.com/video/W87Q4S1f/loaddatahang.html

Secondly, the game suffers from hangs due to an unmapped import or PSMFplayer ( i don't know for sure but it has to do with audio ).
See logwithouthsave.html attachment.
Also a little video here: http://www.4shared.com/video/EUCKqf0l/Vi...lhang.html
Notes about this video:
1. The sound is a little desynced, in reality the sound is only desynced in the games movies;
2. The intro movie and the burning house movie flicker like hell when i do not record with Hypercam (they still flicker a little in the movie but much less).
3. In the first dialogue the game asks to create save data i choose no then it asks if i want to continue without saving and i choose yes;
4. The video has been made with Ignore Unmapped Imports checked.

Hope this can help you fix this game Smile . Also tell me if i missed something.

Attached Files
.html   logwithouthsave.html (Size: 43.12 KB / Downloads: 128)
.html   logwithsave.html (Size: 23.63 KB / Downloads: 129)
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
Okay an update on this as of r2068 it now SOMETIMES loads the savegame and gets to the menu (by massive spam of the O button Tongue ).
Also i could play the first scene but then it hangs at a black screen.

I have a new log ready for u Smile

EDIT: Same in r2099
Btw, does anybody even see this?

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 22.35 KB / Downloads: 102)
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
Ah, I wanted to know if you got it to work, when I try to play it, it doesn't even show the opening for the game...
Rev 2751
playable
ingame:
http://imageshack.us/a/img145/5271/ingamex.png
test 2 times load save no probrem.

Attached Files
.7z   r2751log.7z (Size: 20.72 KB / Downloads: 94)
Moved to playable
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
This game seems to use a lot __sceSasSetVoiceATRAC3 to play some voices. Are there any missing sounds?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
No missing sound when he\she is talking.And the volume of sound is right Tongue
(10-01-2012, 07:52 PM)gid15 Wrote: This game seems to use a lot __sceSasSetVoiceATRAC3 to play some voices. Are there any missing sounds?

The only problem still left with this game is:
The movies and sound go out of sync, at first the movie plays at like 2x speed then it starts blinking at normal speed.
Because of this the game is not really playable because you have some ingame movie cutscenes that should pause to let you make choices, they don't do that and furthermore if you fail the sequence the game locks up in a black screen.
It appears that some movie controls are not working properly or at all.
sorry,I didn't do a full test
(11-09-2012, 12:24 PM)sum2012 Wrote: sorry,I didn't do a full test

It appears i didn't test enough either.
Finally found something with this, the thing is when in an ingame cutscene is playing and you fail the sequence the movie should stop and the movie showing that you failed should play.
Instead what happens is :
1. Cutscene starts (same as all movies in the game it is first at 2x speed then it starts blinking)
2. You fail the sequence
3. Instead of showing the You Fail movie the screen turns black and the audio of the movie that was just playing starts from the beginning.
4. If you wait for the audio to finish the game plays the cutscene at 2x speed with no audio then it plays the you fail movie then starts the cutscene again like it should.

Also posting a INFO log with:
<logger name='hle.scePsmfPlayer'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.scePsmf'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceMpeg'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
in LogSettings.xml
Important points in the log have been marked with POINT 1 to POINT 8 for easy searching.

It appears the PSMFPlayer cannot seek correctly to the end of the file where the you fail scene is located i think

Is there any way i could output such a log from a real psp? i would like to check how it works there, but hopefully this log will help fix the problem at least partially.

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 105.08 KB / Downloads: 105)