This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
The Legend Of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - ULUS10540
(04-27-2011, 10:40 AM)mordaki987 Wrote: alright i'll check it out there is a problem with loading the buildbot page right at the moment so i will have to check it out later. yeah that is rather strange that the game audio is being auto extracted to the temp folder when according to the optimal settings on page 1 of this post you leave unchecked the extract media files to tmp folder. yet i just looked in the temp folder and sure enough there are the audio at least the music portions in the tmp folder. go fig on how that is happening.

extract media files to tmp folder, puts at3 files to the tmp folder so you can decode them with your psp (for non decodable formats).
The media engine & sonic stage option puts the oma / wav files there so the pc can play them. anyways i couldn't reproduce the problem , video played 10 out of 10 times for me (although out of sync like always) even after making a new tmp folder

did you try with the anti aliasing option off?
yeah i've tried it with anti-aliasing off vid still doesn't play for me. i'm going to give up on it for the moment.

(04-27-2011, 12:09 PM)hyakki Wrote:
(04-27-2011, 10:40 AM)mordaki987 Wrote: alright i'll check it out there is a problem with loading the buildbot page right at the moment so i will have to check it out later. yeah that is rather strange that the game audio is being auto extracted to the temp folder when according to the optimal settings on page 1 of this post you leave unchecked the extract media files to tmp folder. yet i just looked in the temp folder and sure enough there are the audio at least the music portions in the tmp folder. go fig on how that is happening.

extract media files to tmp folder, puts at3 files to the tmp folder so you can decode them with your psp (for non decodable formats).
The media engine & sonic stage option puts the oma / wav files there so the pc can play them. anyways i couldn't reproduce the problem , video played 10 out of 10 times for me (although out of sync like always) even after making a new tmp folder

did you try with the anti aliasing option off?

how wierd i could of sworn i had replied to this. at any rate yes Hyakki i have tried it with the anti-aliasing turned off. i'm giving up on it for now. maybe an older or upcoming build will fix the issue.
alright hyakki forgive me if i spelled your forum name incorrectly i have provided a screenshot of what happens during what is supposed to be the movie you were telling me about. ive let it play all the way through what is supposed to be the movie and it stays at the white screen you see in the attached screenshot. i've used the settings you recommended exactly as you posted them so i'm not entirely sure why this game is doing what it is doing. maybe its because i only have a dual core cpu. at any rate thanks for at least trying to help me fix the problem.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm actually having the same problem at the same spot. What's weird however, is that it seems to be only on this PC. I copied my JPCSP folder over to my second PC, installed Sonicstage, and it works perfectly fine, the video plays normally.

PC with the problem: i7 2600k @4.5 ghz, 8gb DDR3 1600 RAM, 1GB ATI Radeon 5850 with Catalyst 11.4 (older drivers did the same thing), Windows 7 Ultimate x64

PC the game works on: Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition @3.0ghz, 2GB DDR2 800 RAM, 512MB ATI Radeon 4870 with Catalyst 11.2, Windows XP Pro 32 bit.

Both PCs using the 32 bit JPCSP, both have Sonicstage and the latest JRE installed. The sound plays on both so I know that's working, it just hangs at that video. I'm using the settings suggested in the first post, and I've tried other things like disabling shaders as well and it doesn't seem to do anything. :/

What's really weird is the Athlon also gets better fps at that first scene than the i7. I know the hardware in the i7 is fine because it handles everything else I throw at it (all PS2 games fullspeed with no speedhacks, Dolphin fullspeed, 60fps in FF14 in town, and so on), so I really don't know what could be causing this. =(
(04-28-2011, 02:06 PM)RydiaMist Wrote: I'm actually having the same problem at the same spot. What's weird however, is that it seems to be only on this PC. I copied my JPCSP folder over to my second PC, installed Sonicstage, and it works perfectly fine, the video plays normally.

PC with the problem: i7 2600k @4.5 ghz, 8gb DDR3 1600 RAM, 1GB ATI Radeon 5850 with Catalyst 11.4 (older drivers did the same thing), Windows 7 Ultimate x64

PC the game works on: Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Black Edition @3.0ghz, 2GB DDR2 800 RAM, 512MB ATI Radeon 4870 with Catalyst 11.2, Windows XP Pro 32 bit.

Both PCs using the 32 bit JPCSP, both have Sonicstage and the latest JRE installed. The sound plays on both so I know that's working, it just hangs at that video. I'm using the settings suggested in the first post, and I've tried other things like disabling shaders as well and it doesn't seem to do anything. :/

What's really weird is the Athlon also gets better fps at that first scene than the i7. I know the hardware in the i7 is fine because it handles everything else I throw at it (all PS2 games fullspeed with no speedhacks, Dolphin fullspeed, 60fps in FF14 in town, and so on), so I really don't know what could be causing this. =(

Please post a log file on INFO level of the not-working PC
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
I'm not sure if this is right, I don't know how to get it to show only info... I paused it when it got to the crash point because it just started repeating basically the same thing and made the log file too big to open and navigate. ><

I hope this has the right info, thanks so much for looking!

btw, I was trying the version that was being used in the OP, it did the same thing with the newer version. I've also tried it with and without xuggler.

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 95.97 KB / Downloads: 83)
(04-28-2011, 04:55 PM)RydiaMist Wrote: I'm not sure if this is right, I don't know how to get it to show only info... I paused it when it got to the crash point because it just started repeating basically the same thing and made the log file too big to open and navigate. ><

btw, I was trying the version that was being used in the OP, it did the same thing with the newer version. I've also tried it with and without xuggler.

Please try to use disable all options in video, audio, memory and activate only the media engine and the sonicstage option. Before that, make sure you installed SonicStage. It should then work. It seems you activated shaders and this makes some problem. Always try to use the "default" settings first (if you are not sure delete the settings.properties to get the default settings) before reporting an error. You could then point out it works with default settings but refuses to work with (whatever) setting.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
I wish i could post a log for you darth but even when i try to use the logger stupid jpcsp for me locks up. at any rate i've tried using both hyakkis optimal settings and no setts at all as far as video goes the stupid movie will not play and more or less on at lest 2100 is unplayable. i've tried older builds and still the movie won't play. so i don't know maybe trails in the sky for me is just one of those games that i won't be able to play on jpcsp. its either that or it has something to do with only have a dual core processor. anyway i'm sorry that i couldn't do more then provide screenshots and try and explain what was happening for me. hopefully maybe down the road in some upcoming build i will finally be able to get the stupid movie to play.

(04-28-2011, 06:25 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(04-28-2011, 04:55 PM)RydiaMist Wrote: I'm not sure if this is right, I don't know how to get it to show only info... I paused it when it got to the crash point because it just started repeating basically the same thing and made the log file too big to open and navigate. ><

Please try to use disable all options in video, audio, memory and activate only the media engine and the sonicstage option. Before that, make sure you installed SonicStage. It should then work. It seems you activated shaders and this makes some problem. Always try to use the "default" settings first (if you are not sure delete the settings.properties to get the default settings) before reporting an error. You could then point out it works with default settings but refuses to work with (whatever) setting.
I get the same errors as the posted log. I don't get those shader errors though. The first error it starts with is
ERROR hle MediaEngine: No audio streams found!
I hope this isn't too much to ask but those that can play it and get past that opening movie is there any way you can upload me a save file shortly after that opening movie finishes playing? like i said hopefully its not too much to ask