This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
r2323 broke Stencil Test
r2323 broke stencil test .When enable stencil test on some of games , graphic got messed up .
does it also happen in 2506? 2323 is over half a year old.
yes it still happen in r2506 as well .It is becasue the issue is not yet fixed in later revision .
Stencil test works fine before r2323
Could you post a log file and screenshots showing the issue?

Thanks!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Stencil Works just fine, maybe in some games you have problems in a particular game? post screens
Stencil test does not work fine in all cases. I think this is what broke Worms also (same rev). No fix yet (in hardware mode).

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....365&page=2
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
One of the game i tested , Dainiji Super Robot Taisen Z which has graphic messed/broken up when the following options combination enabled at the same time

Case 1
[X] Enable dynamic generation
[X] Enable Shader implementation for the "Stencil Test"

Case 2
[X] Enable Vertex cache
[X] Enable Shader implementation for the "Stencil Test"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This problem has also been encountered with Valkyria Chronicles 3:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....169&page=2

r2323 is definitly the revision that started causing theese errors.
I might try to play with the code and see if I can fix this.
How does it work in latest rev in software? Worms is fixed in non-hardware mode now, maybe the rest are fixed also. Those changes just need porting to the hardware renderer.
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
I believe so the software mode fixed the issue and porting to hardware mode is required for correct rendering