This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
r2323 broke Stencil Test
I've been looking at the code and I'm pretty sure the problem is that this code is missing in setClearModeSettings in grapics\RE\BaseRenderingEngineFunction.java:
// Keep this test for non shader use.
// Certain games lack or incorrectly display graphics without this
// (e.g.: "Worms Open Warfare 2").
if (stencil) {
re.enableFlag(GU_STENCIL_TEST);
re.setStencilFunc(GeCommands.STST_FUNCTION_ALWAYS_PASS_STENCIL_TEST, 0, 0);
re.setStencilOp(GeCommands.SOP_KEEP_STENCIL_VALUE, GeCommands.SOP_KEEP_STENCIL_VALUE, GeCommands.SOP_ZERO_STENCIL_VALUE);
}

I'm not sure, but it might be that adding this code again is enough to fix theese issues with hardware rendering.
I tested adding the code from my last post to the latest revision I had(r2533) and the grapic problems I had with Valkyria Chronicles 3 - ULJM05781 dissapeared.
So could any of the devs that can commit to the repository add this code to setClearModeSettings in src\jpcsp\grapics\RE\BaseRenderingEngineFunction.java ?
I must admit that I don't fully understand this code(or the reason it was removed in r2323 in the first place) but I don't think there is a downside to having that code in there.
Thanks for the fix . hope sombody from dev can commit to our latest rev and we can test it against other games
(04-17-2012, 09:58 AM)nightflyer Wrote: I tested adding the code from my last post to the latest revision I had(r2533) and the grapic problems I had with Valkyria Chronicles 3 - ULJM05781 dissapeared.
So could any of the devs that can commit to the repository add this code to setClearModeSettings in src\jpcsp\grapics\RE\BaseRenderingEngineFunction.java ?
I must admit that I don't fully understand this code(or the reason it was removed in r2323 in the first place) but I don't think there is a downside to having that code in there.
Thanks for your research!
I've commited the change in r2536 so that it can be tested by a larger base of testers. Please check different games in both shader and non-shader modes.

The stencil is/cannot be properly implemented in non-shader mode, so any fix is a kind of "find the least worst solution".
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Confirmed this change fix the issue from super robot taisen z in both shader and non-shader mode
Thank you for fixing it gid15
(04-17-2012, 09:15 PM)nightflyer Wrote: Thank you for fixing it gid15

You deserve the biggest thanks here!! Smile Worms is all fixed up!
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
(04-18-2012, 04:10 AM)legend80 Wrote: Worms is all fixed up!
Whaow, I was not expecting such positive results.

Good catch nightflyer!