This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Experimental gamepad support in r2047
i've been getting an annoying problem with the setting recently. for some reason my pad's dpad buttons (pov) are always captured and set by the mouse controllers the emu sees, even if i go to unset them, making them act all wrong while in games, with the directions getting stuck and all.

can this be fixed, or at least is it possible to remove the mouses as a controller? it sees "HID-compliant mouse" and "PS/2 compatible mouse" and captures the pad's dpad buttons for both each time i try to change them.

edit: actually, it shares them, but only them. whatever i set for the dpad in the mouse is also set for the pad, and the same happens the other way around.

and for some reason when it's set like that the dpad starts behaving in a very stupid way, even though i have the gamepad selected, not mouse as my input.
my old gamepad broke, and i had to get a new one (Saitek P380 Dual Analog Pad).

the left analog stick doesn't get detected now. i get this in the logger.
Quote:0 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.250000 for ANUP
172 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.125000 for ANUP
235 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.000000 for ANUP
1563 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.250000 for ANUP
1985 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.375000 for ANUP
2532 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.500000 for ANUP
2719 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.625000 for ANUP
3204 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.750000 for ANUP
3375 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.875000 for ANUP
3938 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 1.000000 for ANUP
4110 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.125000 for ANUP
4657 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.250000 for ANUP
4891 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.375000 for ANUP
5250 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.500000 for ANUP
5375 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.625000 for ANUP
5563 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.750000 for ANUP
5672 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.875000 for ANUP
5813 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 1.000000 for ANUP
5922 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.125000 for ANUP
6219 [Controller Poll Thread] WARN controller - Unknown Controller POV Event on Hat Switch(pov): 0.000000 for ANUP
though in game though the left analog works anyway, probably getting confused for being a mouse, since when i go to the hid-compiliant mouse (edit: or one of the micr entries which are probably some wireless mouse stuff), i can see it shares the whole pow setting with the pad like before (now it's called z and rz), this time under the analog. even deleting the properties file and making a new one didn't help, as soon as i set the analog up it also appended the same things to the mouse and micr tabs.

the left stick will work regardless if it's set up or not to do it, although it works wrong. it gets stuck in one direction a lot and won't stop going in that direction until i release all buttons. easiest to get if you start spinning it around in a 360 degree motion.

(i set the analog to be controlled by the right stick and the dpad to be used with dpad, but i can also use the left analog for some reason, except the movement is extremely buggy)

would it be possible to disable the mouse/hid/etc detection somehow? like, with some device control menu in jpcsp.

also after you close the controls window and then open it again, you can't set up anything anymore, the gamepad presses are no longer detected, and any change has a high change of being ignored and reverted back to what it was before.