This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
r2459 broke Enable VAO?
I'm noticed, when i'm trying to load some games (like God of War: Chains of Olympus/Prince of Persia: Rival Swords) with "Use shaders" + "Use vertex cache" + "Enable VAO" compatibility options i got JVM crashed. On r2458 it works ok.

Could anyone confirm/refute this? Thanks! Smile

Code:
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x655c7214, pid=2104, tid=3912
#
# JRE version: 7.0_03-b05
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (22.1-b02 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [nvoglv32.DLL+0x757214]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# D:\eclipse\workspace\Jpcsp\hs_err_pid2104.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

Attached Files
.zip   hs_err_pid2104.zip (Size: 5.46 KB / Downloads: 71)

you try with If Enable Dynamic shader generation On ? I Solved for me
[Image: 1388267.png]
Thanks for hint, MaXiMu! Smile Unfortunately, it's an half-solution for me, because i've got black screen instead of Intros/Videos, and invisible Menu/GUI in God of War: Chains of Olympus. Sad But there also the good news - i've got Twisted Metal: Head On running stable ingame! Smile (unfortunately, it breaks some cars graphics Sad )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-02-2012, 05:02 PM)BlackDaemon Wrote: I'm noticed, when i'm trying to load some games (like God of War: Chains of Olympus/Prince of Persia: Rival Swords) with "Use shaders" + "Use vertex cache" + "Enable VAO" compatibility options i got JVM crashed. On r2458 it works ok.
By doing a code review of r2459, I have found a problem with the handling of VAO. Could you try again with r2505?

Thank you for the regression tests!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
gid15,

It works fine now, thanks for fixing! Smile

Edit: Yay, JVM crash in Twisted Metal: Head On is also fixed! Big Grin