This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - ULUS10566
The magicsave program doesn't work with all saves so if you have luck you can make it load on the psp,if not then the corrupted savedata error appears.However Hykem is back and maybe makes the savedata encryption better
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(03-15-2013, 04:26 PM)Sarisa81 Wrote: The cutscenes are slow for me too; I think it's a problem everyone has, something about sloppy coding. You can get them to move much faster by setting Frameskip to 30 FPS (and you can watch them on YouTube anyway).

I was wondering if anyone's had success with finding settings that allow you to run the game for hours at a stretch; I keep getting java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in the middle of the Labyrinth. I've tried most versions from 2927 to 3040 and most of the different garbage collectors without much success, although G1C and Aggressive Heap+Parallel have been the most successful. Increasing the PermGen size has helped up to a point, but for this last run I set it to 16384 MB and it crashed anyway. I'm fine with a slight hit to FPS (thing doesn't stably run over 20 FPS anyway) or periodic freezing up as long as the emulator won't crash after three or four hours of use.
Good question. I managed to get around the out of memory error by simply ramping up the memory cache but I've found an entirely different problem and that is that the game seems to keep storing RAM data (I have no idea what it stores even) and when the cache is full or starts getting full the gameplay is very spikey and drops to 0 FPS every few seconds until I get a cache memory error code and it's pretty much unplayable due to the freezes. Runs fine otherwise though. I have no idea why this is. Never had this problem with Dissidia too, just Duodecim.

On the other hand, it seems the models are fixed and I suspect it's something related to it (or something I did in the launcher settings) since models can appear to be broken at first but never will later. The mystery of Dissidia thickens.
I'm stuck wondering how on earth this game is on the playable list?
I constantly get Out Of Memory errors. No one has posted any news on how to get past this or recommended settings that has worked for anyone.
(04-09-2013, 07:59 PM)justinuyasha Wrote: I'm stuck wondering how on earth this game is on the playable list?
I constantly get Out Of Memory errors. No one has posted any news on how to get past this or recommended settings that has worked for anyone.

It's stable enough to do everything *but* the Labyrinth (which requires being able to run for hours at a stretch). I'm still experimenting with settings, but this is what I'm using now:

-Xms size: 3072~4098 MB
-Xmx size: 3072~4098 MB
-XX:+AggressiveHeap (only when I try the parallel GC)
-XX:LargePageSize: 4 MB (my system doesn't support large pages individual allocation)
-XX:CompileThreshold: 1024 MB
-XX:ResCodeCacheSize: 1024 MB
-XX:MaxPermSize: 1024~4098 MB (if this isn't at least 1024 MB you *will* get OutOfMemory errors)
-XX:UseSSE: 99
-XX:+UseSSE42Intrinsics
-XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing
-XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU

Use some garbage collector or another. I'm still trying to find out which works best. If you have problems with freezes, maybe try ConcMarkSweep with incremental mode on and set a low number for MaxGCPauseMillis (right now I have that unchecked because I want to see if it improves stability).

I have everything checked from "Only GE Graphics" down to "Enable dynamic shader generation" *except* "Enable VAO" (in recent revs this causes crashes when an EX burst starts), ignore invalid memory access, use media engine, extract media files to tmp folder (runs very slowly otherwise), decode audio files with SonicStage, use compiler with a method size of 50 (a larger size causes slowdowns and glitches), and your preference on anti-aliasing and window size.

I have a poor gaming setup: Intel i5 2.4 GHz, ATI Mobility Radeon 545v (4500 series), 6 GB RAM. No combination I've tried gets it to run consistently over ~20 fps, but 20 fps is playable (and makes the game easier for people who have slowish reflexes like me) and small stages with no Omega version can run 25 fps or more.

If anybody knows any tricks that make snapshots work, please tell me, because if I could use snapshots to get around the stability issues I could run the Labyrinth.
Am I the only person having a problem getting Dissidia 012 to display custom Latin fonts? JPCSP r3100 and all previous revs back to ~r2930 display the Latin component of the Japanese font if there is a Japanese font available.

Screenshot #1 uses default fonts.
Screenshot #2 uses the default Japanese font and a custom Kingdom Hearts Latin font.
Screenshot #3 uses no Japanese font (deleted) and a custom Kingdom Hearts Latin font.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

hi guys, sorry I'm new here.

I got everything to run perfectly but I'm just curious.. My cinematics have no sound.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I have the normal menu and background and voice files, but the cutscenes have no sounds.
I haven't run into that problem, sorry.

Also, a public service message: r3106 and beyond break the textures used to give that crackly appearance to most spells, which renders Garland's Cyclone almost invisible. To bypass this, disable "Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader".
Lightning texture body missing !!
Anyone have the same problem or my configuration have the problem ??
psp 
Game works wonders for me outside of story mode, 30 fps battles with perfect graphics. I don't mind the cutscene one so much as I have seen them before or just use youtube if I want to see them again.

My problem in story mode though is that the over-world and chessboard areas have so much garbage and choppiness, it seems to get worse as time goes on. It transitions in to the battles as well, which is very annoying. Disable optimized vertex info fixes all of it, however it cuts fps to 20 and lower. Im just wondering if there is a mix of other options or with the launcher that fixes it.

My specs are...
AMD Phenom II X3 720 processor
MMX, SSe(1,2,3),HT
System Memory:
4.00 GB Total 2.66 Free
Desktop res
1680x1050 -True color- 32 BIT

The video settings are the following checked outside of story
Only GE graphics
Use vertex cache
Use shaders
Disable UBO
Save GE screen to textures instead of memory

I have been messing with JPCSP Launcher to no avail, even trying the page memory lock method.
The last good rev for playing this game was r3105; every rev since has worsened the graphical output if you use any sort of graphical shortcuts. So see how it plays on r3105.