This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save Data
Hey I was wondering is there anyway to transfer my save data from my JPCSP emulator games to my actual PSP? I heard you can transfer from PSP to JPCSP but I want to do it the other way around. Thanks.
(03-31-2012, 06:27 AM)gszero Wrote: Hey I was wondering is there anyway to transfer my save data from my JPCSP emulator games to my actual PSP? I heard you can transfer from PSP to JPCSP but I want to do it the other way around. Thanks.

You can but the psp won't recognize it because the crypto ebgine is not fully developed
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
if there was a good plugin to allow psp to read decrypted saves then it'd be possible, but the only one i can find doesn't do anything either.
(03-31-2012, 10:29 AM)serio Wrote: if there was a good plugin to allow psp to read decrypted saves then it'd be possible, but the only one i can find doesn't do anything either.

Did you find a plugin for that?
i found one that can supposedly load/save decrypted saves, but i couldn't get it to work. it could create a decrypted save, but could never load one. decrypted save data was still read as corrupted data, or just plain ignored.

maybe i wasn't doing it right though.

its name was magicsave.
Hmm is there any ETA on when it might be supported? I have it emulated is all and I have been playing it while im still waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail. Im just curious cause I dont want to wast my time playing it on the emulation and then have to start over in the end when it comes Thursday is all. Thanks for the fast replies guys. Really appreciate it.
(03-31-2012, 07:14 PM)serio Wrote: i found one that can supposedly load/save decrypted saves, but i couldn't get it to work. it could create a decrypted save, but could never load one. decrypted save data was still read as corrupted data, or just plain ignored.

maybe i wasn't doing it right though.

its name was magicsave.

I've found savegame deemer,I used it once but it didn't work for me
Here it is http://exophase.com/3157/savegame-deemer...-savedata/
yeah, i think i tried that one too, with same results. it changes the filenames/formats and splits/merges them, so i couldn't just paste an actual jpcsp save into it, but had to use the weird, roundabout system he went with there.

no matter how many times i tried replacing the decrypted file (sddata.bin) with the game's save file (secure.bin), it never tried to read it and still decrypted/loaded the original savefile.

maybe the method's simply not compatible with 6.60 anymore. or maybe the game's (fate/extra) simply not compatible with that method.
(04-01-2012, 06:41 PM)serio Wrote: yeah, i think i tried that one too, with same results. it changes the filenames/formats and splits/merges them, so i couldn't just paste an actual jpcsp save into it, but had to use the weird, roundabout system he went with there.

no matter how many times i tried replacing the decrypted file (sddata.bin) with the game's save file (secure.bin), it never tried to read it and still decrypted/loaded the original savefile.

maybe the method's simply not compatible with 6.60 anymore. or maybe the game's (fate/extra) simply not compatible with that method.

I've read that some savedata are encrypted with psp keys and others don't.So you may be right about the game's savedata.Do you need to have the game to use magic save?
magic save's just another prx plugin, it needs a game to start.
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7947

i couldn't get it to recognize the raw decrypted save with any of its settings.

edit: huh, savegame deemer worked once. i made a new save and changed the protagonist's name with a hex editor, and this time the change actually appeared. maybe the data's just too different between the jpcsp save and a new, clean one.

edit2: or rather, only the stuff in param.sfo/sdinfo.bin changed. the main data file either doesn't want to load, or is overwritten by the game's stuff after starting it, making it impossible to change because it deletes all changes and overwrites them with decrypted stuff as soon as the game's started. even a simple hex edit of the original psp savefile failed.