This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3d screenshot / scene dumping
i was wondering, how hard would it be to implement some sort of option to dump the currently displayed 3d scene into some common file format (for example obj), loadable into 3d studio max or similar programs?

it'd be basically a 3d screenshot. the option would save the current scene and all used textures into an external set of files.

there are programs that can do that already, but they only work on some direct3d9-based programs, so they obviously don't work with jpcsp.
Hmm...
This is something I've actually been thinking about for quite some time now. I've once stumbled across a forum where their users have been using our PGD data findings to extract 3D models from KHBBS and since then I've been thinking about ways for implementing something like this.
Obviously, this means we would need to make our own 3D dumping tool, but, if done right, it could actually become quite an handy tool for developers and researchers in general. Big Grin
this option would be interesting to experiment dumps models 3D with engines such as UDK (free developement with unreal engine 3) Tongue
[Image: 1388267.png]