This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option)
(05-01-2011, 09:49 PM)legend80 Wrote: Thanks for clearing that up but I still don't get it. I know you know what you're talking about but I thought from everything I read/seen, bilinear was for sprites and other 2d stuff - that's what I use in snes9x, Gens, Mame, etc and it smoothes out 2d gfx nicely. I don't like most of the other 2d filters you mentioned since they go way overboard and make things like too contrasty/cartoony.

Hopefully, whatever those emus use for "bilinear" we can get implemented here so games like 2d fighters can not look pixelated like they do now.

Also, any update on the fullscreen feature by chance? Are you making progress on getting this working better and with non-native resolutions?

Ah, sorry, you're referring to "Bilinear Interpolation" in it's whole context. This is a mathematical algorithm, just like all the other ones I've referred as 2D filters, that can be used to smooth out images.
When considered in the texture mapping context, we call this process "Bilinear Filtering".
Of course, this algorithm can also be employed in the 2D graphics' context, but since I was trying to establish the difference between the Anisotropic (which works with textures' angles) and the Bilinear filtering in 3D only, I just referred to it in this context. Tongue

As for the full-screen, indeed, I've managed to reach some progress which I shall commit for the next rev. However, for non native resolutions, there still seems to be a software conflict which I haven't managed to trace down in Windows Vista/7.
It would be very helpful if someone with these OS could find out which application/theme is preventing the full-screen exclusive mode to change the screen's resolution. Thanks! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) - by Hykem - 05-02-2011, 03:04 PM