This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option)
I'm using version 2017 and I have a strange problem with fullscreen(f4). If I press F4 or go to video>resize>fullscreen the screen just goes black and nothing happens. And no, this doesn't freeze my jpcsp because i still hear the sounds from the currently loaded game.

I've seen some improvements to the fullscreen:
Improved full screen handling:
- Switched hotkey to avoid conflicts with other programs;
- Implemented better checks and a more robust code structure;
- Implemented better a real full screen mode transition.

But these don't help at all :/

So leave a reply if fullscreen works or doesn't work for you. And if a dev is kind enough to look at this thread, please post some fixes that I could do.

My PC Specs:
Videocard: [EVGA] Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ @ 512mb DDR2
Processor: [AMD] Athlon X2 6000+ Dualcore
RAM: [Corsair] 4GB DDR3
i am also having this problem. full screen just gives a black screen and unable to get out of full screen must end task in task manager! no flickering, no audio, just a black screen.

Win7 32bit
intel core2 duo e8400 @ 4.0ghz
4gb ram
nvidia gforce g210
Java installed (Version 6 Update 24)

jpcsp win32 (r2037)
jpcsp launcher 1.4.0.9
It's normal,full screen it's only partially implemented.Hykem is working on it and of sure on the next svn releases fullscreen will be implemented correctly.
Good to know, I was wondering why the hell this wasn't working. Tongue I am very much looking forward to this!
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
Its sad to know that this version still dont have a proper fullscreen resolution, or fullscreen at all. Im using the version 2089, and well... sorry to tell you that, but im kind of disapointed with the lack of resolution. The Resolutions offered by the emulator dont realy change nothing at all, maybe its because they dont support fullscreen, i dont know, but right now they are there only to decorate.

I do think that the emulator already have a decent compatibility list and the devs are sleeping in not implement fullscreen and proper resolutions.

I will be back to this emu maybe in two years. Maybe in that time, the basic needs for a standard emu are up to date.

Sorry guys, but its still a disapointment.
(04-17-2011, 04:32 PM)vingadorjr Wrote: Its sad to know that this version still dont have a proper fullscreen resolution, or fullscreen at all. Im using the version 2089, and well... sorry to tell you that, but im kind of disapointed with the lack of resolution. The Resolutions offered by the emulator dont realy change nothing at all, maybe its because they dont support fullscreen, i dont know, but right now they are there only to decorate.

I do think that the emulator already have a decent compatibility list and the devs are sleeping in not implement fullscreen and proper resolutions.

I will be back to this emu maybe in two years. Maybe in that time, the basic needs for a standard emu are up to date.

Sorry guys, but its still a disapointment.
Then you don't have to use it. You could make your own emulator or help them out if you think its such a let down and could be so much better. Your attitude is a inspiration to everyone here on how they should act to the devs working on something that most of us(including you) would never be able with no knowledge of java scripting. You spelled disappoint wrong by the way.
One more time!
Well, I'd never be rude to the devs since they are very active on the project and every day we can expect something new.

I only have a few games but they all run terrific (minus SFA3 not saving). Fullsceen for me is a big thing and I do hope some focus is put toward that soon. Audio, gfx, compat seems really good these days; I think it's time to have the window be more than 1in. X 2in., e.g. fullscreen support.

Or maybe at the least a next step could just be proper scaling so I can maximize the window and not lose sprites and other gfx. Resolution upscaling would be great, but not as important as the aforementioned in my book.
Just to be clear, I'm still working on the fullscreen feature, that wasn't forgotten at all.

The problem is that Java itself doesn't provide a good way to handle exclusive fullscreen mode handling, which would be the preferred solution here.
Other options will require resizing the emulator's window to some odd aspect ratios which, in case the Java solution doesn't work, will require some more graphic filtering implementations. As you can all see, this is a very recent work which was started by our user Aredo and was finally ported into JPCSP.

When we finally manage to circumvent all those driver specific bugs, which were quite expectable when we started dealing with shaders for an increased performance, we will probably be able to support these features better and, most importantly, for everyone. Wink
(04-17-2011, 06:47 PM)Hykem Wrote: Just to be clear, I'm still working on the fullscreen feature, that wasn't forgotten at all.

The problem is that Java itself doesn't provide a good way to handle exclusive fullscreen mode handling, which would be the preferred solution here.
Other options will require resizing the emulator's window to some odd aspect ratios which, in case the Java solution doesn't work, will require some more graphic filtering implementations. As you can all see, this is a very recent work which was started by our user Aredo and was finally ported into JPCSP.

When we finally manage to circumvent all those driver specific bugs, which were quite expectable when we started dealing with shaders for an increased performance, we will probably be able to support these features better and, most importantly, for everyone. Wink

Good to know! We appreciate the update on this. Good luck my friend!
(04-17-2011, 05:26 PM)legend80 Wrote: Well, I'd never be rude to the devs since they are very active on the project and every day we can expect something new.

I only have a few games but they all run terrific (minus SFA3 not saving). Fullsceen for me is a big thing and I do hope some focus is put toward that soon. Audio, gfx, compat seems really good these days; I think it's time to have the window be more than 1in. X 2in., e.g. fullscreen support.

Or maybe at the least a next step could just be proper scaling so I can maximize the window and not lose sprites and other gfx. Resolution upscaling would be great, but not as important as the aforementioned in my book.
Its nice to know some people don't think they should get what they want when they want it for free without waiting for it.
One more time!